Redmi Note 7 series Android 10 update to arrive a month earlier than scheduled
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 7 series was one of the most popular mid-range smartphone series of 2019. This series consisted of the Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Note 7, and Redmi Note 7S. A few months ago, Xiaomi promised to offer Android 10 coupled with MIUI 11 for these smartphones.
Well, Xiaomi has kept its promise and the Chinese OEM has now started closed beta testing for the Redmi Note 7 in China. If everything goes well this closed beta testing might come to an end in three weeks from now. After that Xiaomi will offer the first public beta.
The information about this closed beta testing was disclosed on the MIUI forum by a moderator.
It is worth noting that the update mentioned-above is just for the Chinese variant of this smartphone. As of now there’s no information about the availability of Android 10 on the global variants of Redmi Note 7.
Xiaomi takes around eight weeks to completely fix the bugs and software issues before releasing the stable global version. Consequently, we can expect the global variant of Redmi Note 7 to get Android 10 in two to three months from now.
Redmi Note 7 Specifications
Redmi Note 7 was an impressive mid-range smartphone that offered excellent price to performance ratio. This smartphone has now been succeeded by the Redmi Note 8.
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2340 ×1080 pixels, an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 processor
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 custom skin
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 5MP secondary camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
Almost a month ago, Redmi Note 7/7S received the stable MIUI 11 update that was based on Android Pie. Well, if you haven’t updated your device yet then you can do so by going to Settings> My Device> MIUI Version> Check update.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.