Huawei's stable EMUI 10 update based on Android 10 now available on the HiCare app
Here’s the crux of the story in a small video:
Here’s the complete story:
It’s almost three months since Google rolled out the stable version of Android 10 to the Pixels. The adoption of the OS is typical Android stuff, with only a handful of devices having already picked up the update to date.
The likes of Essential, OnePlus, Nokia, Xiaomi and Asus have pushed the stable Android 10 update to some of their devices, but it is until the big boys like Samsung and Huawei begin rolling out the OS that we’ll see significant growth in its adoption.
Speaking of the big boys, Samsung has yet to begin rolling out the stable One UI 2.0 update that brings Android 10, with the beta testing devices having just received their seventh update.
On the other hand, Huawei, which took part in the early Android Q beta testing, has recently started rolling out its version of Android 10 that bumps the skin overlay to EMUI 10.
The global EMUI 10 update started mid this month, with the likes of Huawei P30, P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro the first to receive the OTA download. Like every other major software update, Huawei’s initial EMUI 10 update was sent out to limited units for precautionary purposes, but this limitation is no more.
As you read this, Huawei has announced that multiple devices can now be updated to EMUI 10 based on Android 10 via the HiCare app. This is pretty cool since its a straightforward update with no hassles.
Huawei notes that the HiCare app on your device needs to be the latest version. Once confirmed, launch the app and go to Update > Check for Updates > Download and Install. Below are some of the known issues in EMUI 10 update that you need to take note of.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10, and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
3. Silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
So far, only those using the Huawei P30, P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, and Nova 5T can grab the new EMUI 10 update via the HiCare app, at least for now.
With devices like the Mate 20 Lite now receiving the update in Europe, it shouldn’t be long before Android 10 is available for even more Huawei devices via the HiCare app.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.