Redmi Y3 & Redmi 6 Pro MIUI 11 update up for grabs, you need to wait more for Android 10 (Download links inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on October 29, 2019) follows:
Primarily used in Xiaomi devices, MIUI is undoubtedly one of the most popular custom skins in the Android ecosystem. The 11th iteration of the MIUI is being pushed and is available for quite a few Xiaomi smartphones.
Moreover, the update rollout is all according to a typical timetable which depicts when and which devices will get the MIUI 11 update. Notably, the devices do not need to be running Android 10 specifically to be eligible for the update.
Users of Xiaomi are excited for MIUI 11 update as it brings in new UI design, Mi Share which is a file transfer app, Digital Wellbeing, Mi Work, ultra power saving mode and the list goes on.
And the newest devices to join this party are the Redmi 6 Pro and the Redmi Y3. Note that the update is being pushed in China for Redmi 6 Pro while Redmi Y3 is getting the update in India via stable channel. Let us take a look at the update one by one.
Redmi 6 Pro
For specs buff, Redmi 6 Pro was launched in 2018 and is powered by the Snapdragon 625 chipset paired with 4/6 GB of RAM. It packs in 4,000 mAh battery and 12 MP rear + 5 MP selfie camera.
It sports a 5.8-inch IPS display and also offers 32/64 GB of onboard storage that can be expanded to 256 GB via microSD card slot.
Now, coming to the update received on Redmi 6 Pro, it carries version number V184.108.40.206.PDICNXM and weighs in about 687 MB in size. Below is the changelog of the update:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
Game speed booster
– New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
– New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
– Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
– Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
– Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
– Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
– A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
Notably, the update is being pushed via OTA. However, you can head to below download section and download the update package file for manual sideloading:
- Device: Redmi 6 Pro
- Codename: sakura
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: V220.127.116.11.PDICNXM
- Android: 9
- Download: Link
- MD5: 54e60c9a339559714993b4ad7eef8d94
Once you have downloaded the update from the above link, go to Settings>>About Phone>>System update>>press the MIUI version logo 10 times>> tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and select Choose update package. Locate the update package inside the ‘downloaded_rom’ folder of your internal storage and select the file to update manually.
Redmi Y3 is yet another Redmi device which is reportedly getting the latest MIUI 11 update in India via stable channel. It carries the version number V18.104.22.168.PFFINXM and weighs in around 648 MB in size.
Apart from MIUI 11 features and goodies, the update also brings in enhanced system performance and security for the device. Below is the screenshot of the update:
Download link for this update is not available yet. We will update this post, once we have the link with us. However, for the official OTA you can always head to Settings>>About Phone>>System Update>>Check for updates.
Update (October 30)
We have captured the OTA package for Redmi Y3 as well! Here you go:
- Device: Redmi Y3
- Codename: onc_in
- Channel: India Stable
- Version: V22.214.171.124.PFFINXM
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 3f7e9317c39c5e5d0f835107a3deb8df
- Type: Recovery
Note – You can check out our Xiaomi section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Xiaomi smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.