Huawei P30/P30 Pro EMUI 10 open beta arrives, one step closer to stable update
Huawei had quite an eventful year as they had a tussle with the US government, following which Google also banned the usage of its core services from Huawei and Honor devices. Then, Huawei went busy with the testing and roll-out of the beta of EMUI 10 which is the custom skin based on the latest version of Android 10.
In between the company brought in the P30 series smartphones i.e. the P30 and P30 Pro and also unveiled the HarmonyOS which was thought to be the rival for the Android. Surprisingly with the recently launched Huawei Mate 30 series smartphones, Huawei devices not to bring in the HarmonyOS and instead used the Android OS without the Google Services Core.
And the company does not seem that they will bring in their HarmonyOS on its smartphones anytime soon. Talking about the EMUI 10 which is based on Android 10, the P30 and P30 Pro were the first devices that were the first in line to receive the opportunity to test the 10th iteration of the EMUI.
Besides, in a recent development, Huawei has announced the EMUI 10 open beta testing for the P30/P30 Pro devices starting October 17. Notably, it is now live for China at this moment however, the global release will follow soon.
Here is the screenshot of the announcement for the beta testing:
The new open beta carries the version number 10.0.0.158 and below is official changelog of the new EMUI 10 update for the P30 and P30 Pro:
Changelog (translated from Chinese):
- Fix the problem of audio silence.
- Fix the problem of flashback of the library.
- Fix the problem of stuck when switching to privacy.
Besides, there is a list of precautions that you need to follow before you upgrade to the latest EMUI 10 beta testing:
Precautions before upgrading
1. Due to version restrictions, please be sure to upgrade to version 10.0.0.152 first , otherwise you will not receive version push.
2. Please backup all important data to the PC or the cloud before upgrading , and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid, otherwise there may be risk of data loss .
3. Because some third-party applications are not compatible with Android 10, there may be cases where third-party applications cannot be used normally after the upgrade (such as flashback, jam, power consumption, etc.). It is recommended that you try to update the app to the latest version in the Huawei application market . If you still can’t solve the problem, we recommend that you wait patiently for the app update information and keep it up to date.
4. Before upgrading, please update the theme APP to 10.0.0.0.86 and above (update method: theme APP>My > Settings > Check for updates) to avoid the problem of using damaged fonts and not entering the system.
5. Before upgrading, please delete or remove the large files in the “File Management > Internal Storage > Android > obb” folder to prevent the system from being upgraded.
6, after the upgrade, enter the multi-task problem, the subsequent version will be repaired.
7. After the upgrade, cancel the gesture to navigate the left and right side slide vibration function, and keep the vibration function of sliding up into the multi-task . If you want to experience the vibration function of sliding into multi-task, please go to “Settings > Sound and Vibration” More Sound Settings > System vibration feedback “on switch.
8. After the upgrade, the Rural Credit Bank APP will not be able to log in. Please be sure to unbind the device before the upgrade. The operation method (for reference only): Personal Center > Security Center > Device Management > Unbind, then proceed Upgrade, log in again after the upgrade is complete.
9. After the upgrade, non-Huawei officially certified NM memory cards may not work properly . If you use an unofficial NM card, please upgrade or replace it with an officially certified NM card.
10. After the upgrade, there is a problem that the play store icon downloaded before the upgrade disappears. Please download the Google Play Store with a higher version than the current Google Play Service Updater or Google Play Store in the third-party application market. Can be solved. (Check the version number: Settings > Applications > Application Management > click on the top right corner > icon to display the system process, search in the search box and go to the “Google Play Services Updater” or “Google Play Store”, the application information page to view the version number).
11. Please make sure that the mobile phone has more than 6G internal storage space, otherwise there will be a risk of upgrade failure. (View storage method: Settings – Storage).
12. Please make sure your phone does not have a ROOT.
However, if you find this beta update unstable then you can roll back to the stable EMUI 9.1 via the mobile assistant app. Note that all the user data will be erased if you went ahead with the rollback procedure.
Note: You can check out our Huawei section to know more about news and articles related to Huawei smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.