OnePlus 7/7 Pro Android 10 HydrogenOS first public beta goes live
Since the launch of Android 10, most of the OEMs are gearing up for pushing the latest Android OS to their eligible devices. OnePlus has already released the beta versions of Android 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro. The OEM has also managed to catch up with Google in terms of rolling out security/firmware updates.
Not long ago, OnePlus has took a surprising lead over Google, in rolling out the August Security patch 2019 for the OnePlus 7 Pro as well as the OnePlus 7 smartphone. This is something every other OEM needs to take lessons from as it is these things which excites their loyal user base.
You might be familiar that OnePlus devices give the user a near-to-stock-experience with the OxygenOS. There is absolutely no bloatware as one only find the apps that are required by the OS to run smoothly. Besides, this is one of the most popular UI after the Pixel’s stock Android UI.
Cut to now. The HydrogenOS’s first beta for OnePlus 7/7Pro based on Android 10, is live and rolling out in China. Note that the HydrogenOS is another version of the OxygenOS but, without the Google Play Services. OnePlus ships its devices loaded with the HydrogenOS for China.
Leave aside Android 10 DP5 on OnePlus 7/7 Pro in China, below is the changelog for this new Android 10 based HydrogenOS update along with the mobile snippet of the announcement:
Changelog of the update (translated from Chinese)
- Update to Android 10 version
- New UI design, light and smooth operation experience, more details, etc.
- Added location management permissions to support only when using the app
- A new personalization experience that supports icon shape changes applied to shortcut settings
- Added bottom bar to support left and right slide bar switching app experience
- New game space that automatically brings together your favorite games for a smooth game acceleration experience
- Supports display of weather, schedule, music and other information based on the scene display screen (Settings – Display – Information Display – Scene Information)
- Add SMS keyword blocking to help you avoid harassing SMS messages (Information – Intercept History – Harassment Intercept Settings – SMS Keyword Intercept)
- Third-party applications may not be compatible with the list, view the download attachment package
Apart from the announcement, the Chinese smartphone maker has also published the full update packages for users who do not want to wait for the OTA and want to sideload the update on their devices;
- OnePlus 7 Pro HydrogenOS Android 10 OTA Update – Download here
- OnePlus 7 HydrogenOS Android 10 OTA Update – Download here
Moreover, you can upgrade manually to Android 10 public beta on your OnePlus 7/7 Pro by heading to Settings>>System Upgrade>>Local Upgrade>>locate the installation package>>Upgrade now. The installation will begin and once it is done, your device will reboot to Android 10 Public Beta. Also, note that as this is a public beta, there will be some bugs and risks so, install accordingly.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.
Talk to a JustAnswer expert if you have any related query:
DISCLAIMER: PiunikaWeb & JustAnswer are in a paid collaboration, which means a reader's successful engagement with the JustAnswer service will result in some commission being passed on to PiunikaWeb.