Epic Games disabled Fortnite Junk Rift in all game modes
Fortnite Season 10 has added a slew of new features and elements to the game. The latest season also added a new vehicle ‘B.R.U.T.E’ to the game. However, it received severe criticism from fans and the community as players feel that the B.R.U.T.E is too OP and gives an additional advantage to the players.
Epic Games also added a new throwable item ‘Junk Rift‘ in the update v10.10. However, the item has not been well-received by fans and pro players. Many competitive and professional players think the new item is creating an imbalance in the game.
Junk Rift item works in quite an interesting way, whenever a player throws this item at an opponent, a rift opens above in the sky and drops a random object on the opponent. Amid the mixed reactions from fans, Epic Games has disabled the Junk Rift item today due to some issues.
However, Epic Games has not disclosed the issue which led to the removal of the item. The news came from Fortnite’s official Twitter account today. The official tweet says that due to an issue with Junk Rifts, we’ve temporarily disabled them in all game modes. We’ll provide an update when we have more information. Have a look at the official tweet below.
It is not yet clear when the item will be added back to the game. However, Fortnite World Cup winner ‘Kyle ‘Bugha’ Giersdorf’ does not want the Junk Rift item in the game. He shared his thoughts on Twitter on August 20. Have a look at his tweet below.
For a quick refresher, Epic Games nerfed controversial Brute vehicle on August 22. Several adjustments were made to the robot vehicle to balance it out. One of the major change was to decrease the radius of the B.R.U.T.E’s rocket explosion. Mentioned below are all the changes that were made to Brute.
1) Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
2) Decreased the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
3) Decreased the radius of the B.R.U.T.E.’s rocket explosion by 42%.
4) Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
5) Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in air by 33%.
6) The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment.
7) Adjusted the variability of spawn rates for storm phases 1, 2, and 3 in core modes. Arena spawn rates will remain unchanged.
8) Increased the Health of the B.R.U.T.E from 1000 to 1250.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.