Harry Potter Wizards Unite update 2.3.0 brings new AR Photo mode, fixes Dancing with Dummies and network error issues
Harry Potter Wizards Unite game has received a new update bearing version number 2.3.0. The latest update has brought many changes to the game, including new photo mode, new foundables, and fixed many bugs and issues which are currently affecting the game.
Before digging into the latest Wizards Unite update and its features, we would like to remind you that Niantic is organizing a fan festival for Wizards Unite on August 31 and September 01. You can find more details regarding the fan festival by heading here. Mentioned below are the features of the Harry Potter Wizards Unite update v2.3.0.
Harry Potter Wizards Unite update v2.3.0 features
- A Photo Mode filter has been added to the Registry. Toggle the camera button to see which Foundables can have their photo taken with Photo Mode.
- You will now be able to take AR Photos of a Foundable before starting the Encounter as long as 1 of its fragments has been returned to the Registry
- You will now be able to see the number of fragments you have on a Foundable when you tap a Trace and enter the Encounter.
- The confirmation pop up received when fleeing an Encounter has been removed
- You can now see your Wizarding XP from your Ministry ID
- Tap and hold on your badges under Wizarding Achievements to see a reminder of how you received the Achievement
- The Disable Screen Sleeping option is now available in the Settings menu! This will keep your phone from going to sleep while you play the game.
- Added Photo Mode to the Flock of Memos Encounter
- New Encounters and Oddities have been added to the game.
Now players can take AR photos with foundables before starting an encounter. This feature of Wizards Unite is similar to Pokemon Go AR mode, which allows players to have a photo with Pokemon before capturing them. Players can now also see Wizarding XP from their Ministry ID.
Above all, new encounters and oddities have been added to the game to ramp up players’ enthusiasm. The new update has also fixed many major bugs, including Dancing with Dummies Auror skill and resolved app instability issues on iPhone 5S devices.
Network issues with the game have also been resolved in the latest update. Also, no adequate space on the device issue has been fixed, which often comes when a player tries to download all assets. Have a look at the complete bug fixes that have been incorporated in the latest update.
- Fixed an issue with the Dancing with Dummies Auror skill
- [Beta players] Resolved an issue that kept beta players from receiving the Redacted Report and London 5 Transcript Mystery Foundables
- The “Download All Assets” feature in Settings may occasionally fail before completing the full download. Restarting the app and retrying “Download All Assets” will pick up from where the download left off.
- App may become unstable on iPhone 5S devices
- Player may receive an error if they attempt to add an emoji to their Codename or to their First/Last Name (Ministry ID name)
- Players may receive a message that there isn’t enough space on their device to “Download All Assets”, even if there’s adequate space available on their device.
- Players may see the “Network Error” message at various points during gameplay. Checking your network conditions and restarting the app should help resolve this issue.
- Players can experience an infinite black screen when they complete the Master Notes of the potion, then finish brewing the potion using the Finish Now option.
- Recipes may be badged (red dot) when there are no new Recipes to view
- Rental Cauldron pop-up may become unresponsive if players rent a cauldron, then attempt to brew a potion with a longer brew time than the time left on the Rental Cauldron
- Players may become stuck in the Potions Tutorial if they tap the ladle before the Tutorial sequence reaches the Master Notes section
- Potion Brewing Queue slots may disappear after collecting a Potion and immediately attempting to brew another Potion. Exiting the Potions section fixes this issue.
- Foes may appear to receive Stamina or have negative Stamina after being attacked or defeated
- Recommended Grade for Chambers may be displayed in red text if the player’s Grade is equal to the recommended Grade
- Players may receive a black screen when switching from the app in Gallery Mode, to take a photo from the device’s camera roll, then going back to the app
- Players may not see Lenses, Filters, Stickers, and Frames they’ve chosen previously on their Last Portrait when first tapping the Last Portrait in the Portrait section. When players tap it again, they should see the Last Portrait with all chosen items included.
- Players may get an error if they leave the app while uploading an image from the Gallery to their Ministry ID Portrait
- Player’s Portrait may become inverted if they try to take a photo in Ministry ID
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.