New OnePlus 7 Pro 5G update packs tons of camera improvements, June security patch & more! (Download link inside)
If you carefully examine the first gen 5G smartphones, you can easily notice that they are practically based on a regular LTE variant while featuring an extra 5G cellular radio. We have seen some major design changes in a case, but the pattern remains consistent so far.
However, the underlying operating system updates are obviously not interchangeable between the 4G and 5G models. As a matter of fact, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G owners are really frustrated due to the delays in OTA updates in comparison with the LTE model.
The 5G variant of OnePlus 7 Pro, which can be bought from EE’s store, got an update in the mid of June. While the OTA brought some fundamental bug fixes, the humongous camera update from the 4G model was not part of it.
Yes, OnePlus is now rolling a new OTA update for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. Not only the new build (OxygenOS 9.5.5) packs all these camera related improvements, but it also bundles June 2019 security patches alongside.
As you can see, OnePlus engineers included fixes to improve in-call audio quality – similar to the the basic OnePlus 7 model. There are new touch sensitivity and screen brightness related changes as well; some of those were already incorporated in the 4G model.
The complete changelog is as follows:
– Optimized touch sensitivity for the screen
– Optimized manual adjustment of screen brightness while playing a video
– Updated Android security patch to 2019.6
– General bug fixes and improvements
– Improved audio quality
– Improved overall contrast and color performance
– Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
– Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
– Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
– Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
– Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
– Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
– Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
– Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
– Fixed issue of Noise in some HDR scenes.
No need to speculate anything, because the Chinese OEM finally delivered an updated stock camera app. The version is 3.2.106 – same as the build in the latest OxygenOS 9.5.8 update for regular OnePlus 7 Pro.
- OxygenOS 9.5.5.GM27BA for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G: Download
- MD5: 19561e445c3f5e25527646abd1dbe014
Judging from the build date, OnePlus compiled the package on June 17. Don’t you think the pre-release testing phase is excessively long for the 5G variant? Comment below.
Thanks for the screenshots Denco1!
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.