OnePlus Nord N10 tracker: OxygenOS updates, bugs, fixes, improvements, & more [Cont. updated]
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on November 10, 2020) follows:
OnePlus’s new Nord line of devices is the company’s attempt to go back to its roots; offering decent smartphones at an affordable price point.
While these devices don’t pack the top tier Snapdragon chips as we’ve come to expect from all OnePlus devices, they offer a lot of value propositions.
These two devices are cheaper versions of the OnePlus Nord with the OnePlus Nord N100 being the lower tier and the OnePlus Nord N10 being the ‘middle child’.
The OnePlus Nord N10 is decently spec’d even in 2020. It packs a 5G-capable Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 SoC and a 90Hz Full HD AMOLED display with a 4300mAh battery keeping the device powered.
The OnePlus Nord N10 runs OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 out of the box despite Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 being official.
Unofficial reports failed to mention anything about this device with respect to an update to Android 11.
While the device continues to ship out to users, OnePlus is today releasing an incremental update to the OnePlus Nord that seeks to, among other things, enhance the camera performance and optimize the system battery consumption.
-Optimized power consumption of the system
-Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
-Optimized the camera’s shooting experience.
The update, which bears software version number OxygenOS 10.5.5, also brings the October 2020 security patch and is rolling out to OnePlus Nord N10 units in the EU only.
As we’ve come to expect from OnePlus updates, this incremental update will reach a small percentage of users today, and that will be followed by a broader rollout in a few days.
To recall, the lesser capable OnePlus Nord N100 already bagged a similar update not too long ago.
You might want to stay tuned to PiunikaWeb for all things OnePlus on our dedicated OnePlus section.
Update 1 (November 12)
IST 01:44 pm: OnePlus has surprised us all by announcing that the new OnePlus Nord N10 5G and N100 will only get one major Android update. Since the devices launched with Android 10, Android 11 will be the first and last major update for these phones according to a report.
Now that’s a step in the wrong direction considering other OEMs have just started bumping up the number of major Android updates they would release for their smartphones.
Update 2 (November 20)
IST 9:44 am: Developers will be pleased to know that OnePlus has released the kernel source code for the OnePlus Nord N10 on the company’s official GitHub page under the “android_kernel_oneplus_sm6350” repository. (Via)
Update 3 (December 23)
IST 10:30 pm: OnePlus has released the OxygenOS 10.5.8 update for OnePlus Nord N10 5G which brings along improvements for the system, camera, and mobile network. Apart from that, the latest update also offers the December security patch. Here’s the update changelog:
– Optimized power consumption of the system
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.12
– Updated GMS package to 2020.09
– Improved system stability
– Improved the shooting experience with the camera
– Improved connection stability of mobile network to improve the experience
Update 4 (January 18)
IST 01:44 pm: OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.9 to the OnePlus Nord N10 5G. This update brings, among other things, the newer January 2021 security patch.
This update can be identified by its software version number OxygenOS 10.5.9.BE89BA in Europe and OxygenOS 10.5.9.BE86AA in North America. Below is the changelog.
Optimized power consumption
Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
Further improved network stability
Update 5 (February 18)
OnePlus has a new update for the Nord N10 in Europe as OxygenOS 10.5.10. Part of the changes is the latest February security patch alongside some 5G network improvements.
Below is a summary of the changelog:
– Adjusted a few feature descriptions
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
– Updated GMS package to 2020.12
– Improved 5G quality of connection in some scenarios to provide a better and stable network environment
If the incremental OTA update has yet to hit your device, you can grab it from the link below. We also have the full OTA for those interested.
- Device: OnePlus Nord N10
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: OxygenOS 10.5.10
- Android: 10
Update 6 (February 24)
IST 13:21 pm: New reports now indicate that users of the OnePlus Nord N10 5G in Europe are now able to access Alexa digital assistant handsfree. All they need to do is call out ‘Alexa’ and that will invoke this assistant. More on that here.
Update 7 (April 14)
IST 13:02 pm: Users of the OnePlus Nord N10 are receiving an update, OxygenOS 10.5.11 and OxygenOS 10.5.12 in EU and Global regions respectively. Below is the update’s changelog.
-Improved power consumption of the system
-Fixed known issues and improved system stability
-Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
-Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer
-Improved the stability of communication and 5G network
Update 8 (May 24)
IST 02:30 pm: OnePlus is rolling out the May security patch to users of the OnePlus Nord N10 with software version number OxygenOS 10.5.14. Below is the changelog.
Update 9 (July 26)
IST 10:15 pm: OnePlus Nord N10 5G is now getting a new OxegenOS 11 update in Europe, North America, and Turkey as versions 11BE89BA and 11BE89AA respectively. Here’s the common changelog for the same:
– Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
– Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
– Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
– Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
– Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
– Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
– Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
– Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
– Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
– Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
– Newly added Gaming Tools box for convenient switches of Pro Gaming Mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
– Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
– Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
– Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
– Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
Update 10 (August 25)
IST 11:56 pm: OnePlus is reportedly pushing out yet another update to users of the OnePlus Nord N10 5G, this time OxygenOS 11.0.1BE89BA for users in the EU and for North Americans, OxygenOS 11.0.1BE86AA.
The update brings a few improvements to the device’s Wi-Fi along with the August 2021 security patch. The following is the changelog.
– Improved system performance
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
– Improved internet connection and optimize Wi-Fi signal
Update 11 (October 23)
IST 07:10 pm: OnePlus Nord N10 5G is now getting a new OxygenOS 11 update in North America and Europe with versions 11.0.2BE86AA and 11.0.2BE89BA respectively. Here’s the full changelog of the update:
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.10
– Improved the stability of the communication network (Source)
Update 12 (November 20)
IST 05:49 pm: OnePlus is now seeding a new update for the Nord N10 5G as version 11.0.3. The update is out for the NA region and will go live in Europe soon. Here’s the changelog:
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
– Optimized the stability of the communication network
Update 13 (January 21)
IST 04:43 am: OnePlus is now rolling out OxygenOS 11.0.4 update for OnePlus Nord N10 5G in EU and global region. The latest update bring January 2022 security patch.
Update 14 (May 23)
01:36 pm (IST): OnePlus Nord N10 users are now receiving May 2022 security patch with the latest OxygenOS 11.0.6 update. The update does not include any new features or improvements.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.