[Updated: May 10] OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro OxygenOS & ColorOS update tracker: New features, bug fixes, improvements, optimizations & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on April 6, 2021) follows:
OnePlus has unveiled its 2021 flagship devices in the form of the OnePlus 9 family of devices. These devices further ditch the original OnePlus recipe (top-tier specs for mid-range price) as they step up to the big dogs.
These devices are not cheap as they go for the ultra-premium segment of the market that’s dominated by players like Apple and Samsung.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip under the hood, a Hasselblad-tuned camera, gorgeous classic 2021 design and a fancy paint-job are just some of the things going for these devices.
Of course, there is the issue of OnePlus ditching its HydrogenOS efforts and the OnePlus devices in China now run on its sister’s ColorOS.
In recent times, we have seen OnePlus stumble one too many times in terms of pushing out stable, reliable software updates to its devices so maybe this is a welcome move.
This tracker is dedicated to keeping track of all the updates that OnePlus will be pushing out to the global variant of the OnePlus 9 devices running OxygenOS.
Already, we have seen the OnePlus 9 Pro bag its first update ever. This was way before these devices shipped out to prospective owners and it brought with it a bunch of camera enhancements.
Here is that OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro update’s changelog.
– Optimized the charging stability
– Optimized the UI display of the notification bar
– Fixed other known issues and improved system stability
– Optimized video filming fluidity
– Optimized the noise and white balance issues with the rear camera
– Optimized the rear camera’s nighttime brightness and highlight control
– Optimized the color performance of the Pro mode
– Fixed the Bluetooth compatibility issues
– Improved the stability of telecommunication functions
– Improved the WLAN transmission performance and stability
We shall continue to keep an eye on these and update as and when we get more updates to these devices. Seeing as these are just now shipping out to owners, we should be seeing quite a bit of them.
Update 1 (April 05)
IST 17:10 pm: OnePlus is rolling out an update to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. This update brings improvements to the power consumption, camera and network stability.
The update which bears software version number OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is going out to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro in various regions under the following build numbers.
OnePlus 9 Pro
India : 184.108.40.206.LE15DA
North America (Global): 220.127.116.11.LE15AA
North America (Global): 18.104.22.168.LE25AA
Below is the OnePlus 9 updates changelog.
Improved the power consumption performance to extend the battery life
Fixed known issues and improved system stability
Improved the shooting and recording experience
Improved the stability of telecommunication functions
Improved the WLAN transmission performance and stability
IST 12:47 pm: OnePlus is reportedly rolling out updates to the OnePlus 9 Pro in China. The update which bears software version number Color OS 11.2 A.04 brings the following changes as outlined in the changelog.
Please note that this changelog has been directly translated from Chinese.
[New] Flashback key, key information will be displayed on the flashback key after switching applications, click to quickly return to the application (Path: Settings-Convenient Tools-Flashback Key)
[New Added] Floating ball function (Path: Settings-Convenient tools-Floating ball)
[New] New OnePlus Watch adaptation, you can view key data of the watch through OnePlus Health
[Optimization] The notification bar “Clear All” button design improves ease of use of the
[optimization] system power consumption and enhance long-life
[repair] known issues and improve system stability
[optimization] rear camera indoor scene noise and color performance
[optimization] rear camera focus and video image stability
[optimization ] Camera photo and video experience
[Optimization] Ultra-wide-angle mobile delay experience
[Optimization] Camera zoom experience
[Optimization] Camera stability and
[Optimization] Healthy application icons, improve visual experience
[Optimization] Online game network delay, improve smoothness
Update 1 (April 16)
IST 11:15 am: OnePlus is rolling out the first ever OTA update to the OnePlus 9R. Below is the update’s changelog.
– Improved the charging stability to provide a better user experience
– Improved charging stability
– Improved the haptic feedback for Call of Duty Mobile
– Fixed the abnormal change of incoming ringtone with dual SIM cards
– Fixed the delay in incoming calls when the device is in charge
– General bug fixes
– Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
– Improved the vibrating performance of alarm tones
– Improved Wi-Fi Hotspot performance
Update 2 (April 20)
IST 03:32 pm: OnePlus has released a new update with version OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro and fixed a number of bugs along the way. Here’s the changelog.
– Improved charging stability
– Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
– Improved the temperature control strategy
– Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
– Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
– Fixed known issues and improved system stability
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
– Updated GMS package to 2021.03
– Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
– Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
– Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera
Update 3 (April 22)
IST 14:27 pm: OnePlus is rolling out a ColorOS update to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro in China. The update brings with it a bunch of optimization and enhancements as outlined in the following changelog.
– [Optimization] System power consumption, improve battery life
– [Fix] The sound delay problem of using Bluetooth headset in game scene
– [Fix] Known issues and improve system stability
– [Optimization] Night scene mode algorithm to improve the atmosphere of the scene and the purity of the picture
– [Optimization] The white balance of the rear camera is consistent, and the imaging performance is more uniform
– [Optimization] The sharpening performance of the rear camera in high-pixel mode and indoor scenes
– [Optimization] Network transmission performance, improve communication network stability
– [Optimization] Wi-Fi connection, improve online experience
Update 4 (May 01)
IST 05:53 pm: OnePlus is rolling out ColorOS 11.2 with version A.06 to the Chinese OnePlus 9 series handsets. The update is all about optimizations and stability, here’s the changelog.
– Unlocks the visual experience of the screen display. It is now compatible with some third-party chargers
– Optimizes the desktop sliding fluency
– It fixes the abnormal typing input method in some scenarios
– Tackles known issues and improves system stability
– Optimizes the HDR effect in some shooting scenes
– Improves the white balance performance of the rear camera
– It also fixes some issues with the image synchronization
– Optimization of its transportation or bus card usage experience
– Optimizes its 5G network connection stability
Update 5 (May 07)
IST 06:29 pm: OnePlus has rolled out the OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. It brings the April security patch to the devices along with a few bug fixes.
• Improved charging performance
• Fixed the small probability lagging issue of
• Fixed known issues and improved system
• Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
• Improved the HDR effect in some shooting
• Improved the white balance performance of
the rear camera
• Improved the stability of network
• Improved the performance of Wi-Fi
Update 6 (May 10)
IST 11:28 am: Users of the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro in China are getting a new ColorOS 11 update and below is the changelog.
– [Optimization] Unlock the visual experience of the screen display
– [Optimization] Compatibility of some third-party chargers
– [Optimization] Desktop sliding fluency
– [Fix] Abnormal typing in input method in some scenarios
– [Fix] Known issues and improve system stability
– [Optimization] HDR effect in some shooting scenes
– [Optimization] White balance performance of rear camera
– [Fix] The problem of out-of-order photos synced from the cloud to the local
– [Optimization] Shanghai transportation card experience
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.