[Update: More countries] Realme Q2 Pro Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) stable update begins rolling out
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on April 20, 2021) follows:
The Realme Q2 Pro is a fairly recent offering that was launched late last year. However, it came with Android 10-based Realme UI 1.0 out of the box.
Still, this makes it one of Realme’s newer offerings that signify near-complete independence of the OEM from its parent brand Oppo.
This is because Android 10 was the first time Realme devices came with their own Realme UI skin pre-installed instead of using Oppo’s Color OS.
Sure, Realme UI continues to be largely based on Color OS. However, Realme has tweaked just about every aspect of the user interface and has even advertised it as being inspired by stock Android.
But one look at the OS and even the most unsavvy of users will be able to tell that it is nothing like stock Android.
The search bar on the home screen combined with the “At a Glance” widget atop does give a Pixel UI-like illusion but the resemblance ends right there.
Don’t get us wrong though as Realme UI 2.0’s dissimilarity from stock Android isn’t really a bad thing at all, as it only shows the dedication of the Realme dev team to make their Android skin as unique as possible.
And you can now enjoy Realme UI 2.0 with all of its glory on your Realme Q2 Pro as the update is now rolling. It is of course based on Android 11 and brings about a slew of new features:
· Added creative wallpaper, desktop icons, three dark styles of enhanced, moderate, and soft.
Multi-terminal mutual integration and coordination, unlimited multi-device interconnection
· Added dynamic notification ringtones, DND time setting function, optimize the vibration effect.
[Security and Privacy]
· Added the ability to turn on/off the application lock with one key in the control center
· Added SOS for all scenes:
· Early warning of natural disasters and earthquakes, and guides for avoidance can be provided during warnings
· Added full immersion mode, optimize the way to call out the game assistant.
· Newly added private safe cloud synchronization, optimize the photo album editing function.
· Newly added cloud backup of the entire system with one key
· Newly added inertial zoom function, and video level and grid lines to assist video composition
· Added two-finger swipe up to call out accessibility shortcuts, sound enhancer to enhance the weak sound, and voice subtitles
The Realme UI 2.0 update in question for the Q2 Pro is currently only being rolled out in China though.
A global release should follow soon and when it does, the download zip will be made available in the official Realme Software Update download portal.
Update 1 (April 30, 2021)
IST 02:45 am: Realme is now further expanding the Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) update for this device, starting from Vietnam.
The company has also begun rolling out the incremental Realme UI 2.0 update in China.
Thanks for sharing the tip, Craig Humphries!
For now, be sure to keep an eye on our dedicated Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) update tracker to stay in the loop.
PiunikaWeb started purely as an investigative tech journalism website with a main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Fox News, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, MacRumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.