OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 update brings April patch & tons of fixes
The OnePlus 8T was the first-ever device to come with OnePlus’ Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 out of the box. While it is no longer the newest kid on the block, it is not far from OnePlus’ mind.
The device has been pretty well-supported over the few months it has been available in the market. We have a dedicated tracker that has been following the updates to this device.
OnePlus runs its Open Beta programs in a bid to test out features and fixes on a limited number of users before they get rolled out to the masses. An important step to avoid widespread issues due to updates.
The OnePlus 8T’s Open Beta program started back in March and since then, we’ve seen the device get a few of these builds, and today, one more is rolling out.
This move to roll out the Open Beta 4 build to the OnePlus 8T is a little confusing seeing as the last Open Beta build we saw was the Open Beta 2 update. So what happened to the Open Beta 3 build?
OnePlus, in its release statement, clarifies that the build was halted shortly after the rollout and as such, users on Open Beta 2 can update directly to this release.
For those wondering about OBT3, this build rollout was halted shortly after its release. You can update from either OBT2 or OBT3 without any issues.
So what’s new in this Open Beta 4 build? Well, quite a lot actually. This build comes with tons of small fixes and optimizations as outlined in the following changelog.
– Fixed the issue that some app’s fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
– Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
– Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
– Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
– Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
– Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
– Fixed known issues
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
– Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
– Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split screen
– Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
– Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
– Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
– Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
– Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
The Open Beta program often gives us a preview of what’s coming to the official stable release channel and users of the OnePlus 8T can look forward to getting these fixes on their devices in due course.
We shall continue to keep an eye on this OnePlus 8T Open Beta 4 build and update as and when we get more related info so stay tuned.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes,
Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.