[Update: v10.5.8 released] OnePlus Nord N100 OxygenOS update: New features, bug fixes, improvements, & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on November 04, 2020) follows:
From the very beginning, OnePlus has been striving to push out crazy powerful devices at a fraction of similarly spec’d devices.
Of course, the price bit of the equation has changed in recent times as new devices have crept up the price ladder.
With this, we’ve come to expect flagship internals from all OnePlus devices. Well, until 2020. This year saw OnePlus release the first device without a Snapdragon 800-series chip, the OnePlus Nord.
OnePlus is slowly but surely widening its portfolio of devices and recently, we saw the unveiling of even much cheaper OnePlus Nord devices.
It sports a 6.52-inch display and a massive 5000mAh battery. This new OnePlus Nord N100 is obviously not going to win any power contests but offers a cool new proposition for OnePlus fans on a budget.
New reports indicate that this device is getting a new update, presumably its first-ever system update.
This update, according to the changelog, brings improvements and enhancements to the system, camera, along with a few network improvements. Here’s a more detailed changelog.
-Optimized the touch and interaction experience
-Improved system stability
-Improved the shooting experience with camera
-Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
-Improve Bluetooth compatibility
This new update is based on Android 10 and bears software version OxygenOS 10.5.1. It is going out to the European variant of the OnePlus Nord N100 only.
As is the case with OnePlus updates, this OTA will be airborne. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users first and begin a broader rollout in a few days.
Update 1 (November 12)
OnePlus has confirmed that the OnePlus Nord N10 5G and OnePlus Nord N100 will only get one major software update and two years of security updates. Therefore, the update to Android 11 will be the first and last major update for the two new phones.
Update 2 (November 19)
The OxygenOS 10.5.2 update is now live for the OnePlus Nord N100 and brings a couple of optimizations and fixes to the device. We’ve added the changelog for the new update below:
– Optimized power consumption
– Optimized user experience with screen recorder
– Fixed the bug that video call failed to function under some carriers (NA only)
– Fixed general issues and improvements
– Improved the performance and stability of network transfers (NA only)
Update 3 (November 20)
OnePlus has officially released the Kernel source code for the OnePlus Nord N100 based on Android 10. Interested folks can get their hands on the source via the company’s official GitHub repository. (Via)
Update 4 (November 23)
The OEM has released the OxygenOS 10.5.3 update for the OnePlus Nord N100. It is a staggered rollout and thus not all users will get the update right away. This new update brings a few optimizations, improvements, and fixes.
OxygenOS 10.5.3 changelog:
– Optimized system standby stability
– Optimized the compatibility of third-party apps
– Fixed known issues and improved system stability
– Improved connection stability of the mobile network
– Newly added support for more operator networks
Update 5 (December 29)
OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.5 to the OnePlus Nord N100. This build brings the December 2020 security patch along with fixes to phone wake-up issues and call noise among others.
Below is this new build’s changelog.
-Optimized system power consumption in some scenarios
– Added a quick setting switch to adjust mute, ringtone, and vibration
– Fixed the issue that the phone cannot wake up under certain circumstances (NA only)
– Fixed a low probability call noise issue
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.12
– Updated GMS package to 2020.09 (NA only)
– Improved the camera’s shooting experience
– Improve the stability of communication functions
– Optimize Bluetooth device compatibility (NA only)
Update 6 (January 7)
OnePlus is commencing the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 10.5.6 for OnePlus Nord N100 devices in the EU Only. Below is the update’s changelog.
– Optimized the experience of Quick Settings for mute and vibration
– Optimized some text of the Setting
– Improved system stability
– Further improved network stability
Update 7 (February 19)
IST 09:12 am: OnePlus is rolling out a new OTA update to the OnePlus Nord N100 that is based on Android 10. The update which bears software version number OxygenOS 10.5.7.BE83BA for users in the EU and OxygenOS 10.5.5.BE81AA for North American users brings a few changes as highlighted in the following changelog.
-Improved the power consumption
-Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
-Improved system stability and fixed some bugs
-Further improved network stability
-Optimized the stability of VoWiFi connection
Update 8 (March 29)
IST 12:20 pm: OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.8 to users of the OnePlus Nord N100 in the EU. Same update is rolling out as OxygenOS 10.5.6 for users in North America. Here’s the changelog.
– Optimized standby power consumption in some scenarios
– Fixed the known issues
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.