Samsung Galaxy S20 & Galaxy Note 20 series One UI 3.1 update goes live in Canada
It seems that Samsung is rolling out a new software update for a different phone every other week. Most recently, the Galaxy S10 variants bagged the new skin from Samsung.
Now the company has started rolling out the One UI 3.1 update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 models and the Galaxy Note 20 models in Canada.
FYI, we had reported that the update would begin rolling out on March 03 for the Note 20 series as highlighted by Fido in its OS upgrade schedule.
The new software bears the firmware version number G98xWVLU1DUB5 for the Galaxy S20 series and version number N98xWVLU1DUB5 for the Galaxy Note 20 series.
Samsung has thrown in the February security patch for good measure, however, since we’re in March, this may disappoint a few.
Having said that, One UI 3.1 brings a bunch of new features and improvements to the table. However, certain major additions such as the Google Discover Feed won’t be brought over to any device that does not come with One UI 3.1 pre-installed.
Here’s the complete changelog:
– Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
– Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
– The performance of Camera has been improved
– Eye comfort shield function has been added.
– The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
Buds Auto Switching
– Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
– Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
– It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
– Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
– The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
– Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
– Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.
Now that the Samsung Galaxy S20 lineup and Note 20 lineup have bagged the One UI 3.1 update, it’s likely that we’ll see it begin rolling out for the S10 series and Note 10 series in Canada.
Of course, you can keep an eye on our dedicated tracker to know when the latest skin over Android 11 begins rolling out for your Samsung device in any region.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.