[Update: MIUI Launcher gets new update] MIUI Gallery app V18.104.22.168 adds new watermark & video effects
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…
Original story (published on February 04, 2021) follows:
Xiaomi bundles up a bunch of useful apps along with its custom Android skin known as MIUI. And while most people find them beneficial, there is also a section of the user base that considers it all as bloatware.
Hence, the company has now made most of the system apps uninstallable with its MIUI 12.5 update. The updated skin ships with just five system apps which is unprecedented. We did previously highlight this and more here.
However, most will agree that MIUI Gallery isn’t ‘bloatware’ at all as it contains a bunch of useful features that can’t be found elsewhere easily. Among them are extremely sophisticated video/image editing options and even photo to text converter.
Anyway, in case you’re unaware, Xiaomi always rolls out new system and app updates in China first as part of beta testing. And if the update checks all the right boxes, then it is released for the global users as well.
It is worth mentioning here that Xiaomi doesn’t strictly limit beta testing to Chinese users alone though, as we recently highlighted that the company is looking to recruit pilot testers for MIUI 12.5.
That said, Xiaomi recently released a major update for their MIUI Gallery and MIUI Launcher apps that bring along a bunch of bug fixes and optimizations over their respective previous beta builds.
The full changelog for the MIUI Gallery update V22.214.171.124 has been given below:
1. New video editing version, new video speed doubling function, crop band optimization, support for Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition, Xiaomi Mi 10 Extreme Edition, Mi 11, Redmi 9 / 10X / Note 9 Series, Redmi K30 Extreme Edition
2. New text watermark – Added super moon style
3. When editing images, improved natural saturation and vignetting, added negative adjustment options
4. Optimize the decoration effect with AI
5. Added video effects to Mi 11, support for ID photos and manual scaling
6. Album cover is customizable and can be replaced with any image in the album
7. Optimizing the puzzle effect
8. Optimization of the effect of displaying an album of screenshots
9. Fixed known bugs
As clear from above, there are a bunch of video editing enhancements, a new text watermark called ‘super moon’, and new video effects. Keep in mind though that these changes may vary from device to device.
To download MIUI Gallery V126.96.36.199, click here.
Now moving on to our MIUI Launcher app that has bagged an alpha update versioned 188.8.131.5208. The full changelog for this has been given below as well.
1. Repaired horizontal version of the recent task, deleted the card animation process
2. Fixed card that gets stuck in the middle
3. Repaired gesture appToApp process
4. Repaired uninstall the application, immediately click the home button, icon
5. Repaired recent task to desktop return
6. Optimized screen fingerprint slow unlock problem
7. Optimized desktop memory in the background
8. Reduced the package size
The launcher has received a pretty long list of bug-fixes and optimizations. The app should now also have a reduced package size, as mentioned above.
To download MIUI Launcher v184.108.40.20608-02011716, click here.
Again, these updates are only available in China for now but should make it to other regions soon enough.
For now, be sure to check out our Xiaomi Android 11 update tracker. And if you are one of the lucky users to have already received it, then you will want to check out the status of MIUI 12.5 for your device.
Update 1 (February 22)
17:25 pm (IST): MIUI Alpha Launcher has received yet another update that brings about a ton of bug fixes and carries a version number of 220.127.116.1136-02202125. To download, head here. But you would want to check out the complete changelog first:
1. Fixed a bug when opening a floating window through a recent task that did not return to the desktop.
2. Fixed a bug when the removal animation was displayed twice.
3. Split Screen Adaptation LauncherOverlay: MiuiHome Modification
4. Fixed switch to dark mode
5. Fixed a bug in recent promises.
6. Fixed a bug where the desktop remained empty if it gave an error in recent applications.
7. Correct PIP when zoom is invalid.
8. Fixed a bug where the desktop icon management page was displayed incorrectly when positioned from right to left
9. Fixed a bug where the cursor was displayed in recent applications.
10. Fixed accidental crash of WallpaperZoomManager.
11. Fixed. Random crashes.
12. Fixed a bug where the menu item was displayed incorrectly after exiting the split screen.
13. Repair the system partition application to move to the data partition.
PiunikaWeb started purely as an investigative tech journalism website with a main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Fox News, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, MacRumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.