[Rolling out] OnePlus 8T hotfix update for OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 issues scheduled for later this week, says staff member
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on January 5, 2021) follows:
OnePlus 8T has been out for a few months now. However, this device has not had a smooth sailing in the time it’s been in the market owing to countless bugs.
This could partly be attributed to the fact that it was the first device to come with OnePlus’ newly redesigned OxygenOS 11 custom Android skin based on Android 11.
Of course, OnePlus has been hard at work, trying to iron out many of these bugs and issues to varied levels of success. We are keeping tabs on all these updates and you can check out our OnePlus 8T update tracker for more.
Most recently, we saw the device bag an update to OxygenOS 18.104.22.168. Sadly though, the update brought one too many issues to the OnePlus 8T, issues that really hurt the user experience.
Some of the issues faced by users of the 8T who updated to this new OxygenOS 11 build include a laggy and stuttering media playback issue, a broken ‘Ok Google/Hey Google’ hotword detection among others.
These issues have been extensively brought to the attention of OnePlus by affected users and new reports now suggest that there could be light at the end of the tunnel after all.
In a screenshot of an alleged conversation between an affected user and a OnePlus Staff member, the company rep goes to confirm that an update is coming to the device.
The hotfix update that is presumably set to address the issues being faced by OnePlus 8T users running OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 is, according to the staff member, set to roll out sometime later this week.
Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a public acknowledgment of the issues afflicting users of the OnePlus 8T following this update and this hotfix report is as close as we’ve come to getting one.
We shall continue to keep an eye on this development and update as and when we get more info so stay tuned for that.
Update (January 7)
OnePlus has rolled out OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for users of the OnePlus 8T in India and North America and OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 to users in the EU.
Below is the update’s common changelog.
– Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
– Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
– Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings– – System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
– Fixed the issue that the media player may pause abnormally
– Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
– Optimized the image quality on nightscape
– Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
– Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
– Improved the stability of communication
OnePlus Store (—IN only)
– An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.