OnePlus 8/8 Pro update with fixes for 3rd-party apps crashing, Wi-Fi disconnection, Bluetooth notification, & more bugs rolls out
Of course, being an entirely new skin with little to do with its predecessor, there were bound to be a few issues. And boy have there been issues with OxygenOS 11!
That said, OnePlus is among the more consumer-facing brand we have today and these issues have been steadily acknowledged and addressed in updates.
In line with this, OnePlus is today rolling out an update to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro in China. This HydrogenOS 11 update brings fixes to a number of issues that have been afflicting these device owners.
The common changelog below highlights some of the issues getting addressed which include third-party apps crashing, Wi-Fi disconnection, Bluetooth notification issues among others. Here’s the changelog.
• Added the function of height adjustment at the bottom of the keyboard, which supports raising or hiding the shortcut operation bar at the bottom, bringing a better input experience (path: Settings-System-Voice and Input Method-You can choose from the height adjustment of the bottom of the keyboard)
• Added Huantai Mall App, worry-free purchase of official authentic products
• Optimize background program management mechanism to improve standby performance
• Optimize the running smoothness of Peace Elite and enhance the play experience
• Fixed an issue where some photos could not be viewed after dual opening on WeChat was enabled
• Fix the problem that the lock screen cannot be unlocked with special characters
• Fix the crash issue of some third-party apps
• Fix the problem that Douyin failed to open the small window
• Fix the problem that some photos with low probability are not displayed in the gallery
• Fix the problem that there is a small probability that there is no pop-up window when connecting to a Bluetooth headset
As mentioned, this HydrogenOS 11 update is going out to the Chinese variants of OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
However, knowing OnePlus and how the company often rolls out its updates to devices, users of OxygenOS 11 OnePlus 8 devices should get a similar update sometime soon.
Also worth noting is that the OnePlus 8T has already bagged a similar update in China as well. But since the OnePlus 8/8 Pro already bagged the November patch, the incoming version has no updated patch.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.