OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update fixes Google Play Store app installation issue, optimizes Alert Slider, & more
OnePlus 8T is a relatively new smartphone on the market having been around for a couple or so weeks. Yeah, other OnePlus phones have since been unveiled, but the 8T remains the standout in the crowd.
Of course, this is primarily due to the sheer raw power the device packs alongside the features it brings to the table, more so when you pit it against a bunch of other similarly-priced handsets.
Not to dwell too much on the hardware specs, especially since not much can be done to improve them, lets shift the focus to the software side of things.
As of this writing, the OnePlus 8T is now receiving yet another OxygenOS 11 software update as version 220.127.116.11, up from the previous version 18.104.22.168.
Last week, the 8T got an update with optimizations for overheating and battery consumption, Bluetooth connection, and intelligent 5G function.
The update also tagged along bug fixes, but since then, some fresh bugs have surfaced, among them the annoying issue that prevents OnePlus 8T users from installing Google Play Store apps that are above 100MB.
Looking at the changelog attached to the latest OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 update, though, it looks like this issue might have been addressed.
The update also optimizes the Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the three modes.
Below is a summary of the changelog as provided by OnePlus:
• Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
• Improved mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience
• Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
• Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
• Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
• Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
• Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
• Improved camera stability
• Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
• Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
This is an OTA update that weighs in at about 264MB, so don’t expect any drastic UX changes after this update. Either way, it is great to see OnePlus pushing out quickfire updates to the 8T to address pressing matters.
Now, the world is guaranteed to be a much better place if OnePlus keeps this streak with respect to the incoming OxygenOS 11 update not just for the OnePlus 8 series, but also for the OnePlus 7 family and others.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.