The OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) stable update has been out for the OnePlus 8 series but members of the Open Beta program still get to taste new features earlier.
The OnePlus 8 series Android 11 Open Beta program kick started in early September while public beta testers are now receiving another build.
The OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 is out and it brings along a new feature and several improvements to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
The latest Open Beta update includes the Always-on ambient display Canvas support along with the October security patch.
Apart from that, there are optimizations for the background process management, Call UI smoothness, Canvas animation effect for smoother unlocking experience and much more.
– Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
– Optimized background process management mechanism to improve sandy-by performance
– Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
– Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
– Improved system stability and fixed general issues
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
– Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
– Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” ）
– Fixed the low probability issue that system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
Also, there are fixes for issues like blocked text in some games and system settings stopping at times when device is in Zen Mode.
While the update is live over the air for public beta testers, it is unclear when these changes and improvements will hit the stable channel.
Considering that the update carries the October security patch, the changes might arrive on the stable channel in the near future.
Nevertheless, this is still based on our speculation as the OEM has not made any announcements as to when the said changes will be available on the stable channel.
Moreover, it must be noted that OnePlus recently concluded the second wave of the IDEAS 2.0 initiative where feature suggestions from users have been shortlisted to be added to OxygenOS.
There are seven feature suggestions that the OEM has rounded up and future OxygenOS builds might arrive with some or all of these features based on feasibility.
That said, we will keep tracking the development of OxygenOS 11 and will provide more details once new information becomes available.
In the meantime, you can check out our OnePlus Android 11 (OxygenOS 11) update tracker to get the latest updates on the topic.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.