MIUI 12 has been steadily rolling out to eligible devices over the past few months.
We’ve been closely following this rollout and you can check out our dedicated tracker here.
At the time of writing, Xiaomi is winding up this rollout as most of the devices that were set to get updated have bagged this build, save for a few outliers.
Sadly, though, and as is the case with any piece of software, MIUI 12 is not without its fair share of bugs and issues.
We have tried to cover as many reported issues as we could, based on user complaints and feedback and you can check out our MIUI 12 bug tracker for more.
Following an earlier-shared MIUI 12 bug tracker volume 1, Xiaomi has, today, published the second installment of the same, listing all the active bugs reported on MIUI 12 Global ROM.
This second volume, the company says, contains a list of bugs reported by Xiaomi users who are part of the Mi Pilot Testers Program.
These issues have all been forwarded to the relevant teams and are awaiting bug-fix updates or further feedback from the relevant developers.
Some of the issues reported include:
1. For the Poco F1, Video editor back gesture not working, the sound effect automatically reset after every reboot, inability process 4K videos in inbuilt video editor of gallery, missing system wallpapers on MIUI V220.127.116.11 and the overheating issue while recording 4K @60fps on the same MIUI version.
We’ve already highlighted many of these Poco F1 issues in our dedicated Poco F1 bug tracker and you can check that out here.
2. Moving on, users of the Redmi Note 9 Pro would be pleased to know that the issue where their devices show Quick Charge instead of Turbo Charge when fast-charging has been reported.
3. POCO F2 Pro running MIUI V18.104.22.168 have been facing an issue where the locked apps would disappear from recents after a while. This too has been reported.
4. On the POCO X3 NFC running MIUI V22.214.171.124, the Charging % doesn’t fit in animation layout in lock screen after connecting charger. This issue has been reported to the relevant parties.
5. Mi 10 Pro users on Android 11 have been facing two issues. First, WhatsApp notification issue and secondly, a delay in opening apps. Both issues have been reported.
6. Users of the Redmi 9A/9C have been facing issues with Dual Apps, split screen, and Second Space on their devices. These issues have all been reported as well.
As mentioned earlier, these are not the only MIUI 12 bugs and issues. As such, the forum moderator assures us that the tracker will be adequately updated.
We shall also continue to update our dedicated MIUI 12 bug tracker so stay tuned.
NOTE: We have these and many more Xiaomi stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.