New Xiaomi MIUI 12 Gallery app update adds text recognition, sticker packs, filters & watermarks for Redmi Note 7/8/9 & more devices
Users might remember that MIUI updates for China have always been a bit ahead of the global branch. Chinese devices receive updates quicker than the rest.
Xiaomi also bundles its phones with a good amount of stock apps, some of which are useful, while others aren’t that much. Some of the apps have been also banned in India recently.
One of the useful stock apps is the Gallery app which is available on all Xiaomi phones.
The Gallery app is a one stop place to view all the images and videos in your phone. The app also has a barebones editor for some quick edits of your photos and videos.
If you are a user of the app, you’ll be glad to know that it has picked up a substantial update. The update has added a host of new filters, sticker packs and other features to the Gallery app.
The update also adds text recognition for the images and adds watermarks for some popular tourist attractions in China. You also get some cool sticker packs, filters and the ability to rename photos and videos.
The update is only compatible with a few Redmi and Mi series devices. The phones must be running the beta MIUI 12 Chinese ROM. You can find the full changelog below:
– Newly added photo and video file renaming function
– Added the function of sorting albums by update time
– New filters: cold smoke, hills, autumn colors, Kamakura, fantasy
– Added watermarks for text attractions: Yellow Crane Tower, Jiuzhaigou, Mount Tai, Mount Hua, Lijiang, Daochengya
– Added dinosaur sticker pack
– Time function adapts to Redmi K30 Ultra
– The text recognition function is suitable for Xiaomi 9 series, Xiaomi CC9 series, Redmi K20/K30 series, Redmi 7/8/9 series, Redmi Note 7/8 series, Redmi 10 series
– Optimized app performance and fixed known bugs
Keep in mind that the update is still limited to phones running the latest Chinese MIUI 12 ROM beta 20.10.13 and might not work on the Global MIUI 12 branch.
But of course, sooner or later, these same features should make their way to the global ROMs, albeit via an update to the Gallery app. You can keep an eye on our MIUI 12 tracker to know when your device bags the firmware.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.