New update alert: T-Mobile Galaxy S20 series, LG G8 (AT&T), LG Velvet, OPPO K5, Redmi 7A, Huawei Nova 7/7 Pro 5G, & Red Magic 3S
In today’s segment, we are covering the following devices receiving the most recent Android updates: Samsung Galaxy S20 series on T-Mobile, LG G8 ThinQ on AT&T, the LG Velvet in Korea, OPPO K5, Xiaomi Redmi 7A, Huawei Nova 7, Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G, and ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3S.
Let’s take a detailed look, one at a time.
Samsung Galaxy S20 series (T-Mobile)
T-Mobile has issued the latest August update to Samsung Galaxy S20 series which enables 5G NR stand alone new technology. The patch also brings camera improvements and it arrives as the following versions:
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G – G988USQU1ATGL
Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G – G986USQU1ATGL
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G – G981USQU1ATGL
Find the common changelog below:
Enable standalone 5G
August 2020 Security Updates
Camera visual image quality updates
The August patch is also arriving for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+, but the changelog may vary. Samsung Galaxy S20+ gets this update as version G986USQU1ATGL and Galaxy S20 receives version G981USQU1ATGL.
LG G8 ThinQ (AT&T) & LG Velvet
LG G8 ThinQ (AT&T)
The not-so-current June OTA is rolling out for LG G8 ThinQ released by AT&T which carries software version G820UM20o. It boosts the security and stability of the device.
LG Velvet (Korea)
Up next is LG Velvet picking up the August security patch in Korea that brings screen brightness enhancement mode, camera portrait mode, and 3D GIF creation function. It also boosts the performance and security of the device.
The July update is now live for OPPO K5 which carries version C.21. This patch brings swipe up gesture indicator bar, screen recording function, and it also resolves known issues. Find the detailed changelog below:
· Added a swipe up gesture indicator bar to follow the screen rotation switch. When the switch is turned on, the swipe up gesture will exit from the long side of the screen in landscape mode; when it is off, the swipe up gesture will exit from the short side of the screen in landscape mode. (This function is enabled by default, and can be turned off by “Settings>Convenient Aids>Navigation Keys>Swipe Up Gesture>Up Slide Gesture Indicator Bar Follow Screen Rotation”)
· Added screen recording and internal recording function, screen recording supports recording system sound and screen recording More convenient
· Fix the problem that the smart sidebar cannot add fingerprint encryption applications
· Fix the problem of the notification bar notification message folding display
· Fix the problem that the third party application is stuck for the first time after booting
· New up-slide gestures to return to the left and return to the right Gesture navigation
· Optimize the transmission rate of some Bluetooth headsets and reduce the sound delay
of Bluetooth headsets · Fix the problem that there is a small probability that SMS messages cannot be received
· Newly integrated Android July 2020 security patch to improve system security
Xiaomi Redmi 7A
The Russian and European variants of Redmi 7A are now fetching the July OTA which enhances security and stability. It arrives as the following versions:
Here’s the short and crisp changelog:
Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
Thanks for the Tip, Nidhin
Huawei Nova 7 & Nova 7 Pro 5G
Huawei Nova 7 and Nova 7 Pro 5G are now grabbing the latest firmware as version 10.1.1.180. This update focuses on camera optimization and enhances system stability. Here’s what the changelog reads:
Optimize the camera photo experience
Optimize fingerprint unlocking function, improve usage Experience
Optimize compatibility with some third-party applications.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3S
Lastly, ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3S is receiving the newest firmware update which comes with official version V3.08. This latest patch fixes touch screen breaks problem, WeChat voice issue, and defrag reminder issue among other issues. Below is the complete changelog:
optimization: stability and fluency
Fix: Gallery does not display pictures probabilistically
Fix: Touch screen breaks problem
Fix: WeChat voice probabilistic automatic sending problem
Fix: Game change sound probabilistically unable to open problem
Fix: Part of the game probabilistically fails to generate the Red Devil moment problem
Repair: CF game probabilistic black screen issue
optimized: Bluetooth headset sound small experience of
repair: Bluetooth headset probability of silent questions
repair: talk probability of a black screen issues
repair: frequent reminders “Defrag” issue
That’s all for now, stay tuned for more updates.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.