[Updated: OxygenOS 10.0.7 for Europe/Global] OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro OxygenOS 10.3.4 update adds Chromatic effect, new clock styles, fixes double-tap to wake bug & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on August 4, 2020) follows:
Compared to other Android OEMs, OnePlus has a relatively small pool of devices that it needs to keep updated. One would, therefore, expect that OnePlus devices would all receive adequate attention and frequent updates.
And for the most part, that indeed is the case. OnePlus is doing pretty well when it comes to pushing out updates to its devices. Two devices that are getting some update love today are the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
Previously, we saw the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get an Open Beta back in early July. This update brought with it the July security patch, Moments for Game Space, and fixes to double-tap to wake among others. However, later in July, we saw reports that the double-tap to wake feature wasn’t exactly working right.
Well, today OnePlus is pushing out OxygenOS 10.3.4 to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. This update brings a few more features and fixes. Most notably, this update seeks to fix the issues users have been facing with double-tap to wake.
Also coming with this update is a variety of clock styles and Chromatic effect for easier reading among others. Below is the common update changelog for both the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
• Newly adapted OnePlus Buds, easier to take advantage of wireless connection
• Provided a variety of clock styles for you. You can customize it on your own. (Go to Settings > Customization > Clock style)
• Fixed the issue that double-tap could not wake up the screen in some settings
• Updated Android security patch to 2020.07
• Added the Chromatic effect option to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience (Settings > Display > Reading mode > Turn on reading mode > Chromatic effect)
• It has adapted to Bluetooth hearing aid app connection under the Android 10 Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid (ASHA) Agreement
• Fixed the wrong display of names of inserted SIM cards from different carriers
As is the case with many updates from OnePlus, this one is also rolling out in phases and as such, it’ll be a few days or weeks before it arrives for your specific unit so keep an eye out for that.
We shall update this post when we get more info or the download links to this update so stay tuned for that.
Update 1 (August 04)
Global OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 units are also receiving the same fixes and features with the OxygenOS 10.0.7 update. Further, OxygenOS 10.0.7 will also roll out to users in Europe soon, according to the official announcement on the company’s community forums.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.