Xiaomi Mi 9 MIUI 12 update rolling out in Russia via stable channel (Download link inside)
Chinese smartphone makers are having it tough in various parts of the world. In the west, Huawei’s woes are pretty much known to everyone who follows the latest mobile technology closely.
In India, the government doesn’t like some Chinese apps and wants them out of smartphones sold in the country. OPPO-owned Realme and Xiaomi’s Poco are casualties but they are seemingly coping up well. The two are working on new firmware updates that come without the banned apps.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons the Poco X2 hasn’t received the stable MIUI 12 update in the region yet its Chinese counterpart has even picked up a second MIUI 12 update already. You can read more about this development here.
Matter of fact, we have a detailed MIUI 12 update tracker that you should definitely keep an eye on to know when your specific device picks up the beta or stable MIUI 12 update, be it on the China, Global, India, Indonesia, Europe or even the Russia-specific ROM.
Speaking of Russia, those who own last year’s flagship, Xiaomi Mi 9, and reside in the Eastern European country have something to smile about. As of this writing, the stable MIUI 12 update for the region’s Mi 9 is now up for grabs.
The update comes weeks after other regions received the same update, but as it’s often said, better to be late than never to get it at all. As usual, being an OTA update, it will take some time before all Mi 9 units in Russia receive the download notification to install MIUI 12.
If you can’t wait, we got your back. Below is a link to download the recovery ROM and do a clean install. This will wipe your stored data so be sure to create a back up before proceeding.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 9
- Codename: cepheus
- Channel: Russia Stable
- Version: 126.96.36.199.QFARUXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: f8a38c2c1a7fd2aa2bde594f40e18b9c
- Type: Recovery
Below is the full changelog:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.