New update alert: Vivo Y91c, Y95, V17, Huawei Sound X Speaker, T-Mobile OnePlus 6T, US unlocked Galaxy S20+, & Google Pixel devices
We’re back with yet another list of smartphones and other devices that are receiving new updates. New software is being rolled out for the Vivo Y91c, Y95, V17, Huawei Sound X Speaker, T-Mobile OnePlus 6T, Galaxy S20+ (Unlocked), and Google Pixel devices.
These new software upgrades for the aforementioned devices primarily bring a new security patch. Well, the Huawei Sound X speaker is the only exception here. Nonetheless, let’s take a deeper look at the new updates.
Vivo Y91c, Y95, V17
The Vivo Y91c is now receiving a new update with the version Vivo Rev 1.19.0. It brings an updated security patch and comes in with a download size of just 67.54 MB. The changelog for it is provided below:
Updated Android security patches to improve security.
Next in line is another smartphone from the company’s Y series. The Vivo Y95 is now receiving an update that brings the Vivo Rev 1.20.2 version. The download size is just 31.12 MB and it brings the June 2020 security patch. Check out the changelog for the update below:
Improved system stability:
Updated the Google security patch (2020-06) to improve systems security.
Unlike the previous two devices from the company, the Vivo V17 is receiving an update that brings some minor improvements and adjustments. The update version is Vivo Rev 6.11.1 and the download size is around 360 MB. Check out the changelog for the update:
- Optimized the interactive layout of the Easy Touch settings interface
- Adjusted Easy Touch so that the setting option can be moved or deleted
- Adjusted Easy Touch so that its position in portrait mode and landscape mode is not tied to one another
- Adjusted Easy Touch so that frequently used apps on the home page will open in full screen mode.
- Optimized the mistouch prevention logic of navigation gestures in landscape mode
- Optimized the animation performance of the home screen to improve the smoothness and stability of home screen operations
- Optimized the system’s resource allocation mechanism to fix the issue of abnormal freezes in games
- Fized the issue where multiple apps occasionally crash in some scenarios
T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
The T-Mobile OnePlus 6T is now receiving a new update carrying the June security patch. This information was shared by a user on Reddit who posted a screenshot of it. The build number for the update is ONEPLUS A6013_34_200605.
U.S. unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20+
Samsung’s unlocked Galaxy S20+ is now receiving the July 2020 security patch. The update is live for unlocked Galaxy S20+ units in the US. The software version for the update is G986U1UES1ATFB. Apart from the improved security, this update brings no other major changes.
Google Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a and Pixel 4
Pixel devices are now receiving the July security patch. This information has also been shared via the Android Security Bulletin by Google. The OTA update is being pushed in phases depending on the carrier and device. The build numbers for the new update are as follows:
Build numbers (Global):
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ3A.200705.002
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ3A.200705.002
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ3A.200705.002
- Pixel 4 (XL): Q3A.200705.002
Huawei Sound X Speaker
A new update for the Huawei Sound X Speaker is now rolling out. It bumps the software version to 188.8.131.52 (H100SP19C00) and brings a few improvements. The changelog for the update is given below.
1. Added “Mute key function setting” function on AI speaker App, support to turn off the voice assistant;
2. Optimize the accuracy of voice recognition;
3. Modification of some known issues
Stay tuned to PiunikaWeb for news on the latest updates.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.