New update alert: Nokia 2.3, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G & 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition, Realme X2 Pro, Samsung S20/S20 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
We are back with today’s edition of the new software update alert. Namely, Nokia 2.3, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G and 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition, Realme X2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S20/S20 Ultra, and Xiaomi Mi 9 SE are picking up new updates.
To make things clear, all the above-mentioned phones are bagging the June 2020 security patch except the Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra, which are picking up the latest July 2020 security update.
Let us take a look at the updates, one by one:
Nokia 2.3, which was released back in 2019, is now picking up a new maintenance release update bringing performance improvements. Here is the changelog of the update:
You can grab the complete package file from the below section to manually upgrade your device:
- Device: Nokia 2.3
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Type: Recovery
OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition
June 2020 security patch is also live for OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition. It arrives with version number 10.0.36.HD61CB and is purely incremental in nature.
This release includes the following:
– Updated Android security patch to June 2020
Realme X2 Pro
Realme X2 Pro is now picking up the June 2020 security patch in China with version number C.26. Apart from the latest patchset, this new update also tags along enhancements in Game Space, Bluetooth, optimized screen recording, and overall system.
Here is what the official changelog reads:
● Added the function of displaying barrage messages in the game
● Added game space to support oppo gamepad
● Added Bluetooth headset (Air and Neo) pop-up function (this function can only be used with realme headsets, and the headset firmware needs to be updated with the realme Link application before it can be used)
● Optimize screen recording function
● Optimized the slide back style transparency
● Optimized peace elite probability of stuck frame dropping problem
● Fix the problem that the probability of adding audio files is stuck
● Fix the problem that the software store failed to load data
● Fix the problem that it is impossible to use cloud service under mobile network
● Update Android security patch (2020#6)
Samsung Galaxy S20/S20 Ultra
A new update is live for the Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Ultra in Korea. The update along with the July security patch also brings improved camera quality, optimized video stabilization, and also notifies that MirrorLink service has been discontinued for Galaxy S20 phones.
• Improved camera quality
• High magnification zoom shooting quality
• Improved video stabilization performance
• Added function to use Bluetooth microphone when using voice recording app
• MirrorLink service has been discontinued
-If you are using it, you can continue to use it, but it will not be updated anymore , If you delete the MirrorLink data or replace the smartphone with factory reset, software update (FOTA), or a new terminal, you cannot use MirrorLink afterwards.
• Terminal security related stabilization code applied
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
A new Xiaomi Mi 9 SE MIUI V220.127.116.11.QFBEUXM update is now live which reportedly bumps the security patch level to May 2020. As per the official post, this new update has been pushed to random users and will soon make its way to all the units.
Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
Sprint variant of OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is now getting served with a combo security patch which brings May and June security patches together. It carries version number 10.0.3GM25CC and here is what the official changelog reads:
– Maintenance release includes May and June 2020 Android Security Updates
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.