[Updated] Vivo NEX 3S Android 11 beta update released (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on June 13, 2020) follows:
Google, as it did during the launch of Android 9 Pie, will be making the Android 11 beta update available for more devices and will not restrict it for Google Pixel phones.
Other OEMs like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, etc will also join the bandwagon in testing out the Android 11 (Android R) beta updates. And as we speak another Vivo phone has been added to this list.
Just to remind you, Vivo iQOO 3, both the 4G and 5G variants can download and install the Android 11 beta updates and test out the latest features Android 11 has to offer.
And another Vivo phone, the Vivo NEX 3S has joined the list. However, one thing to note is that this Android 11 beta update is meant for the developers to test out the Android 11 environments for building compatible apps with the iQOO UI.
But, before you go ahead and install this Android 11 Beta update on your Vivo NEX 3S, note that this is meant strictly for the developers and normal users should stay away from this update as there are bugs and glitches present. Here is the list of bugs:
● The off-screen fingerprint function cannot be used.
● The front lift camera is not available.
● The status bar display is abnormal: the camera hole and the rounded corner of the screen overlap the position of the status bar icon.
● The first time you start the Chrome browser, the “Turn on sync?” interface does not display the existing Google account login information.
● In the settings, the last item is About emulated device, not About device.
● There are 2 system upgrade pages in the settings (one in “Settings> System update” and the other in “Settings> System> Advanced> System update”), users may be confused.
As per the official post, Vivo also mentions that another Android 11 beta update will be pushed for the Vivo NEX 3S somewhere in late July. And as the official version is released by Google, Vivo will remote the developer preview versions.
- Device: Vivo NEX 3S
- Channel: China Beta
- Version: PD1950_A_20.06.11
- Android: 11
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 747c6eb2aa15b10065959d93dad72dbd
- Type: Recovery
If you are also interested in installing this developer preview of Android 11 beta on your Vivo NEX 3S then, you can follow the quick guide below:
1. Download the Vivo NEX 3S Developer Preview firmware package above and save it in the root directory. If you downloaded on a PC, transfer it to the root folder using a USB cable.
2. Navigate to the downloaded file and tap on the software package, then select “Update now” when prompted.
3. Wait for the upgrade to be completed.
Update 1 (August 7)
Vivo has released the Android 11 beta 2 update for the Vivo NEX 3S and the iQOO 3 in China. The new update brings a few fixes and optimizations and is rolling out as version PD1950_A_1.12.11 for the NEX 3S and as version PD1955_A_1.14.5 for the iQOO 3. See the full story here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.