Asus ZenFone 5Z Android 10-based May security update with bug fixes for YouTube, PUBG lag & more rolling out
Asus had a very short list of devices eligible for Android 10 update. The ZenFone 6 aka Asus 6Z and the ZenFone 5Z were the only ones to get the OS in 2019, with the rest, including the ROG Phone 2, having to settle for 2020 releases.
Unfortunately for some like the ZenFone 5, ZenFone Max Pro M1, ZenFone Max Pro M2, and ZenFone Max M2, the stable update to Android 10 remains elusive.
For how longer only Asus knows, but for those using the ZenFone 5Z, a new Android 10-based software update is now rolling out to the aging handset.
The device has been around for over two years now and like others before it, expect the frequency of software updates to reduce. That said, the incoming version is a big deal for owners of the ZenFone 5Z.
Arriving as software version 22.214.171.124, the airborne ZenFone 5Z May update is headed out to model number ZS620KL on the WW SKU.
On top of bumping the security patch level to May 2020, the update also brings a series of bug fixes and performance enhancements. YouTube lag issues, Google Maps can’t be located, and so on.
The update also addresses lag issues when playing PUBG, removes Twitch live streaming function in Game Genie, and so on. Below is a summary of all the changes included in the ZenFone 5Z May update.
1. Updated Android security patch to 2020-05-05
2. Fixed lag issue when watching Youtube and sliding down the Quick Setting panel
3. Fixed Google map can’t be located issue
4. Removed Twitch live streaming function in Game Genie
5. Fixed an issue when using face detection to show notifications, device will be unlocked at the same time
6. Fixed that PDF files are not correctly classified in File Manager
7. Fixed touch not sensitive at bottom of screen issue when playing game in landscape mode
8. Fixed an UI inconsistency issue between the volume control panel in landscape mode and the sound mode button in the dark theme
9. Adjusted privacy settings for Thailand and Brazil
10. Fixed lag issue when moving left and right fingers during PUBG game
OTA updates can take days before all devices receive the download notification, so be patient as you wait for your turn.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.