HTC U12+ Android 10 update arrives as ViperExperience Alpha 2, bundles April 2020 security patch
Expecting the latest Android updates, and that too Android 10 updates on an HTC smartphone are not a pretty good idea, considering the circumstances and scenario HTC mobile company is in.
The company is going through a rough phase and who knows, the company might also go out of operation by the end of 2020. But, we won’t go that far and would want this, once-a-big-name in the smartphone industry to bounce back.
Well, that depends on the company, however, what depends on developers is to bring the latest Android updates to devices that are still capable and are not looked over by the OEM. Taking advantage of the beauty of the open-source nature of Android, team Venom has now released the ViperExperience Alpha 2 custom ROM for the HTC U12+.
The cherry on top, this ViperExperience ROM for HTC U12+ brings Android 10 with April 2020 security patch for the device.
All in all, it provides you with all the stock experience along with some tweaks that you would love to have in your HTC U12+ phone. And if you are also interested in upgrading your HTC U12+ with Android 10 and April 2020 security patch, then follow the guide below:
Steps to Install:
- First things first, you need to have an unlocked bootloader on your HTC U12+.
- Then you need to download the ViperExperience ROM, vbmeta noverity.zip, and TWRP from the above download section.
- Boot your phone into the bootloader mode.
- Then you need to boot your HTC U12+ into TWRP, and enter the command:
fastboot boot nameoftwrpimage.img
- Make sure to rename vbmeta_noverity.zip to update.zip and place it inside the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Push the update.zip to your device by using the following command:
adb push update.zip /update.zip
- Be sure to select slot A on the reboot page of TWRP. If not, then you need to switch to slot A and execute
fasboot boot twrp.imgagain.
- Now, flash update.zip from TWRP.
- Then, reboot to Download from TWRP.
- You need to erase the user data, by executing the below commands:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
- Flash the ViperExperience ROM using the below command:
fastboot flash system nameofimage.img
- Reboot your phone using:
- That’s it!
The great thing about this ViperExperience ROM is that you have the freedom to choose between Pixel Launcher and the HTC Sense 10 UI Launcher on your HTC U12+. Moreover, this ROM also features HTC Edge Sense, HTC FaceUnlock, and the HTC Camera.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.