Pokemon Go : All changes & new additions for GO Battle League Season 2
Pokemon Go players can rejoice as a new season of GO Battle League has been announced. Season 2 of GO Battle League will kick off on May 1, 2020, at 1 pm GMT & will stay live until June 29, 2020, at 1 pm.
GO Battle League season 2 will rotate through three leagues which includes the following : The Great League, The Ultra League & The Master League. You can check the schedule of all the leagues down below.
- The Great League will run from Friday, May 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, May 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League will run from Monday, May 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 15, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League will run from Monday, June 15, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 29, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
Niantic has also announced the first-ever GO Battle League Cup which will be called the Premier Cup, & it will run concurrently with the Master League. Like the Master League, the Premier Cup won’t have a limit on Combat Power. However, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon won’t be eligible to participate.
Otherwise, everything else about the format will stay the same, including the way ranks and ratings are determined. All three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available from Monday, June 29, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT. Also, mentioned below are the things which will stay similar in Season 2 & new additions for Season 2.
For Season 2, the following will be the same as during Season 1.
- The walking and PokéCoin requirements to unlock sets of battles in the GO Battle League will still be removed. If you’re currently in the middle of walking to earn a set, this will take effect starting with your next set.
- The avatar items inspired by Pikachu Libre will continue to be rank 7 rewards.
- Metagross and Pikachu Libre will continue to be guaranteed reward encounters when you reach rank 1 and rank 10 respectively.
- The avatar items inspired by Steven Stone, a Pokémon League Champion of the Hoenn region, will continue to be rank 10 rewards.
What’s new, Season 2?
- There’ll be a few changes coming to the GO Battle League and Trainer Battles for Season 2.
- The GO Battle League reward system has been changed slightly. You can now earn a Pokémon reward encounter after your third win on the basic rewards track or after your first win on the premium rewards track.
- The ranking system has been adjusted. More wins are now required to get to ranks 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Some of your guaranteed reward encounters will be different for Season 2. You’ll encounter these Pokémon at each listed rank:
- Stunfisk starting at rank 4
- Rufflet starting at rank 8
- Scraggy starting at rank 9.
- If you reach rank 10, you’ll earn a new avatar pose!
- Trainers who finish Season 2 at rank 7 or higher will receive an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM. Other than that, end-of-season rewards will stay the same as in Season 1.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here