Minecraft 1.16 Snapshot 20w18a update – Changes to Redstone & The Cross returns
Minecraft is one of the most popular games under the Sandbox genre. The game was developed by a Swedish developer, Markus Persson. It was published by Mojang, but in 2014, it was purchased by Microsoft Studios.
Well, Minecraft fans can rejoice, as a new snapshot is available for the game & it is coming along with version number 20w18a. The list of major changes that have been incorporated in this snapshot are the following: 1) Redstone Wire Changes 2) Target Block now conducts Redstone signals.
The latest snapshot has also fixed many lingering bugs in the game including Broken spawn rates in soul sand valleys and warped forests. Also, some crashes issues have been fixed which were coming, when players were trying to optimize the world. You can check all the changes that have been incorporated in the latest snapshot down below.
The blockstate, rendering and behavior of redstonewire are more in line with each other. Redstone will provide power to blocks on all sides it shows a visual connection to, and not do so on those sides without a visual connection.
- A single redstone wire is now represented as a cross.
- A wire on top of a block, which is redirected from below, will power the sides it is redirected to now. E.g. a fence gate above the redirecting wire will be powered.
- Wires that redirect upwards to wires on non-conductive blocks used to only be redirected visually. Now this redirection applies to their behavior as well.
- A wire that is redirected to go over a block will now always provide power to the block. This is most noticeable when the wire has signal strength 1.
Technical Changes in 20w18a
- Added a enable-status option to the server.properties file which if set to false will suppress replies to status requests from clients. This makes the server appear offline in the multiplayer screen.
- Added control over how much entity data a server sends to clients
- Advancement system changes
It is now possible to control at what range the server sends data about entities to clients. Added an entity-broadcast-range-percentage server property controlling how close entities need to be before being sent to clients. Higher values means entities are visible further away from players but cause more network traffic. Specifies percentage of default value, so for example 50 specifies half of the default range.
Added player check to every trigger (except impossible)
Entity checks in triggers can now use loot table condition syntax
Extended entity checks
Entity checks in triggers can now use loot table condition syntax. Old notation:
is now equivalent to:
Note 1: Like in loot tables, all conditions in top level array must be met for whole condition to trigger.
Note 2: To access new functionality, top level element must be JSON array. JSON object are interpreted as old notation.
Full list of extended triggers:
New field player in every trigger
bred_animals – parent, partner, child
channeled_lightning – victims
cured_zombie_villager – zombie, villager
fishing_rod_hooked – entity
killed_by_crossbow – victims
player_killed_entity – entity
entity_killed_player – entity
player_hurt_entity – entity
summoned_entity – entity
tame_animal – entity
target_hit – projectile
villager_trade – villager
Miscellaneous trigger changes
Due to addition of player, existing contents of location, slept_in_bed, hero_of_the_village, voluntary_exile can now be placed in location field instead of top-level object. Old syntax is still supported, but depreciated.
Fixed bugs in 20w18a
- MC-11211 – Unable to perform many right click actions when targeting the top face of blocks placed at y=255
- MC-111381 – Rendering rotations for shulkers are set in onInitialSpawn method
- MC-143904 – Adding a non-rail block to the “rails” block tag will crash the game when placing a minecart on it
- MC-147255 – Beds in the overworld will explode if in a nether wastes biome
- MC-162385 – The background of the title text does not fade with the text
- MC-166269 – Wet wolves become black for an instant after shaking off water
- MC-166296 – Mobs picking up and equipping items does not play the equipping sound
- MC-170840 – Broken spawn rates in soul sand valleys and warped forests
- MC-170944 – /locatebiome messages do not fit for all biome names
- MC-171523 – Inconsistent strings for warped and crimson wall signs
- MC-172172 – Adult piglins spin around while following the player
- MC-172253 – Equip sound doesn’t play when Piglins equip items
- MC-173067 – NullPointerException when a structure containing a campfire is placed during world generation
- MC-173198 – Target blocks are transparent and do not transfer redstone signals
- MC-173385 – New Nether lighting system doesn’t affect fluids, entity-like blocks (chests, etc.) and entities
- MC-173747 – Armor enchantment glint doesn’t render
- MC-174573 – Nether vines can drop multiple copies with fortune (free duplication)
- MC-174593 – Inconsistent pluralisation in “fell off a scaffolding”
- MC-174811 – Zombified piglins are able to spawn on top of nether wart blocks
- MC-175107 – It’s possible to get Bad Omen VI in Survival mode
- MC-175740 – Game crashes when dispenser is used on non-beehive block in #beehives tag
- MC-175741 – Game crashes when a cat attempts to sleep in a non-bed in the #beds tag
- MC-176028 – Striders can spawn in stacks of three or more
- MC-176032 – Striders can float
- MC-176054 – Baby strider passengers float / passenger offset is too high
- MC-176135 – Striders riding other entities are not cold
- MC-176203 – Striders with Levitation walking on Lava don’t levitate
- MC-176459 – Baby striders can spawn with saddle
- MC-176468 – Adult striders can spawn with saddles
- MC-177105 – Piglins, hoglins, zoglins and villagers look at their target’s feet instead of its head
- MC-177127 – Unnecessary exclamation point in subtitle “End Portal opens!”
- MC-177173 – Baby Zoglin age status value is not stored in the NBT tag.
- MC-177561 – Compasses used on the top of lodestone at y=255 do not break when the lodestone is destroyed
- MC-177771 – “death.attack.fireworks.item” displays raw translation string (is untranslated)
- MC-177790 – Piglin Banners are named block.minecraft.banner.piglin.[
Testing versions can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here