New update alert: Huawei Mate 20 Lite, Mi 10, Honor Play, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, ZenFone 5Q, Galaxy Note 9 & Nokia 9, 5.1, 3.1 & 4.2
Some new updates are knocking the doors of a new set of devices from different OEMs. Noticeably, the Huawei Mate 20 Lite, Mi 10, Honor Play, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Asus ZenFone 5Q, Galaxy Note 9, Nokia 9, Nokia 5.1, Nokia 3.1 and Nokia 4.2 are grabbing new updates.
To clear things out, Mi 10, Honor Play, US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9, and all the Nokia devices, are picking up the latest April 2020 security patches. While the Galaxy Tab A and Mi 10 are getting served with March update.
The Asus ZenFone 5Q is getting the February security patchset. Let us take a look at the updates, one by one:
Huawei Mate 20 Lite
So, Mate 20 Lite users are being served with the March security patchset. The update sizes at 120 MB and arrives with version 10.0.0.192.
Nothing much is changed with this update, except the security patch level. Below, is the screenshot of the update along with the official changelog:
– Integrates Android security patches released in March 2020 for improved system security.
Xiaomi Mi 10
A new April security update is lined up and available for the Xiaomi Mi 10 in China. The update along with bumping the security patch level brings in some new features for the system, status and notification bar, and camera.
Here is the complete changelog of the update version 11.0.24.QJBCNXM (translated from Chinese):
– Camera upgrade DxOMark version
– New streo ringtone
– Update security patch level to 2020-04 to enhance system security.
[Status bar, Notification bar]
– Optimization is only displayed only in WiFi 6 to display technical standards.
– Add short visual mirror function
– Optimized AI and HDR funtions
Honor has also pushed an EMUI 9 based April security patch for the Honor Play smartphone. The update is purely incremental in nature and arrives with version 18.104.22.1688.
It weighs in around 215 MB in size. Below is the official changelog of the update:
– Integrates Android security patches released in April 2020 for improved system security.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
March patch is hitting the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch (2019) as well. The update weighs in a mere 76.81 MB in size and arrives with version ATB4. This incremental update simply bumps the security patch level to March 2020.
Asus ZenFone 5Q
February 2020 security update is live for the Asus ZenFone 5Q model ZC600KL(630). The update carries version number 16.0610.2002.94 and is live for the users in Japan.
1. Google Security Patch Update (February 1, 2020)
2. Update APN list
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The US unlocked variant of the Galaxy Note 9 is also picking up the latest April security patch. The OTA arrives with version DTD7 and weighs in around 405.33 MB in size.
Nokia 9, Nokia 5.1, 3.1 and 4.2
A total of 4 Nokia devices, namely Nokia 9, 5.1, 3.1, and Nokia 4.2 are picking up the latest April security patches.
- The update for Nokia 9 PureView is purely incremental and weighs in around 31 MB in size.
- Similarly, the same incremental update is also live for the 3.1, albeit it weighs in around 95.52 MB.
- The security update for Nokia 5.1 weighs around 113 MB in size.
- The update for 4.2 arrives with version number V2.29A.
You can download the update package file for all the above mentioned Nokia phones, from below:
- Device: Nokia 9 PureView
- Download: Link
- Device: Nokia 3.1
- Download: Link
- Device: Nokia 5.1
- Device: Nokia 4.2
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.