[First batch live, rollout in more regions soon] OPPO Reno 2 ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta recruitment begins
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on December 23, 2019) follows:
Although not as fast as we would like it, Android 10 has been the fastest to roll out compared to any of its predecessors.
Today, a bunch of Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, OnePlus, Nokia and even LG phones have already received the stable Android 10 update before the end of the year. This includes carrier-locked models that are usually lagging behind the rest.
OPPO, on the other hand, hasn’t managed to update any of its devices to the stable ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. The company announced the new skin last month and soon after the first devices picked up the beta version.
The devices in question were the OPPO Reno and its 10x Zoom counterpart. This was expected going by the official roadmap the company had released, which also placed the Reno 2 ColorOS 7 update release date in December 2019.
Well, as of this writing, the Reno 2 ColorOS 7 update is now open for beta registration. The company has just made this announcement via the official ColorOS community forums, but you’ll have to hurry to make the cut.
Dear ColorOS Superfans, The long-awaited Reno 2 ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Program finally kicks off. If you want to try the trial version, submit your application. A quota of 2,000 users is set for the 1st batch application. So hurry up & don’t miss it.
This is because the first batch will only accommodate up to 2,000 Reno 2 devices. OPPO does note that there will be other opportunities to join the beta program in future, but we don’t know when.
More opportunities will be offered in the future. Please stay tuned to ColorOS Community News.
As usual, you must be running the latest software update in order to get the Reno 2 ColorOS 7 beta update. With this confirmed, head to Settings > Software Updates > Tap the settings icon in the top-right corner > Tap “Trial Version” and fill the required info.
Proceed by selecting the checkbox and then tap on “Apply Now” to complete the beta registration process. Once successful, you will receive an OTA update to install ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 on your Reno 2.
Below is a summary of the changes the Reno 2 ColorOS 7 update brings:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.[Smart Sidebar]
• Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.[Screenshot]
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.[System]
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.[Games]
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.[Home Screen]
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.[Security]
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.[Tools]
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.[Camera]
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.[Photos]
• Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.[Communications]
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.[Settings]
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.[Applications]
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Update 1 (January 13, 2020)
OPPO has opened its ColorOS 7 beta program (Android 10) to the second batch of Reno 2 owners who wish to try the new OS ahead of rollout.
The second batch of Reno 2 ColorOS 7 + Android 10 trial version has been available, pls check! If the application quota is full, please wait for the next round. Thank you for your understanding.
Update 2 (February 12, 2020)
OPPO is now looking for another set of 5,000 owners of the Reno 2 to try ColorOS 7 beta based on Android 10, this time in India, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand.
Update 3 (March 09, 2020)
OPPO is taking in 10,000 more units of the Reno2 to try ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. This is the fifth batch since the program started a few weeks ago.
Dear ColorOS Superfans,
The long-awaited fifth batch of Reno 2 ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Program finally kicks off. If you want to try the trial version, submit your application. A quota of 10,000 users is set for this batch application in the region of India, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand. So hurry up & don’t miss it.
The program is open to Reno2 owners in India, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The usual application process stands. Just head to Settings > Software Updates > Settings icon in the upper right corner > Trial Version > Fill in the information > Select the must-know checkbox > Apply Now.
NOTE: We have more OPPO-related stuff here.
Update 4 (April 11, 2020)
The stable ColorsOS 7 update rollout schedule has been released by the company. Head here for more coverage.
Update 5 (April 23, 2020)
The stable ColorOS 7 update is now live for the Reno 2.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.