Huawei Enjoy 10S & Honor 20i/Youth Edition EMUI 10.1 closed beta recruitment kick starts
Huawei’s skin on top of Android 10, EMUI 10 has been around for a while now. Most of Huawei’s current flagships have already been updated to the Android 10-based skin and more are set to get the updated moving into the second quarter of 2020.
The company is already kick-starting the development of the next version of its skinned version of Android, EMUI 10.1.
Reports have it that Huawei has just started closed Beta recruitment for the company’s next version of EMUI, EMUI 10.1. The initial closed Beta run will be for the Honor 20 Youth Edition, Huawei Enjoy 10S.
Before taking the plunge and signing up for the EMUI 10.1 Beta update, Huawei is giving prospective testers a few precautions. As always, pre-release software is obviously not daily-driver material as many features are under development.
Some of the precautions that Huawei wants prospective testers to take note are as follows. Please note that this has been directly translated from Chinese.
1. Since some third-party applications are not compatible with Android 10, after the upgrade, there may be cases where the third-party applications cannot be used normally (such as flashback, stuck, power consumption, etc.). It is recommended that you try to update the application to the latest version in the Huawei application market . If you still cannot solve the problem, it is recommended that you wait patiently for the application update information and update it in time.
2. Please make sure that the mobile phone has 6G or more internal storage space, otherwise, there will be a risk of upgrade failure (see storage space method: Settings> Storage);
3. Please make sure that your mobile phone does not have ROOT.
To register for the Closed Beta program, ensure that your device is running on the very latest software version. For more info on the latest software version for your specific device, go to Settings> System> About mobile phone. Make sure the page says that you are up-to-date.
Huawei has also shared a guide and frequently asked questions for the Beta testing programs. You can access the relevant guides and help material on this help page.
To sign up for the Beta testing, Follow the following procedure. Also, note that this has been directly translated from Chinese.
1) Computer side: ” Huawei Club ” “Sections ” “EMUI Zone “> “Upgrade Testing”
2) Mobile terminal: ” Huawei Club APP”> ” Forum “> “㗊” in the upper right corner> “EMUI Zone”> “Upgrade Fresh”
NOTE: We have these and many more Huawei stories in our dedicated Huawei section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.