OPPO Reno Z Android 10 (ColorOS 7) stable update begins rolling out
Sticking to its word, OPPO has commenced the rollout of the stable update that bumps the software on the Reno Z to ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 operating system.
The Chinese vendor had promised to deliver the stable OPPO R17 and R17 Pro ColorOS 7 update today and indeed, the devices are receiving their treat. Similarly, the Reno Z Android 10 update was also promised for this day and as I write this, the rollout is ongoing in multiple markets.
OPPO says the initial rollout targets an unlimited number of Reno Z units in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Russia and Kazakhstan, with more regions expected to join the party in the coming weeks.
Dear ColorOS Superfans,
The long-awaited Official version of Reno Z ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Program finally kicks off. An unlimited quota of users in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia and Kazakhstan is set for this version. So hurry up & don’t miss it.
In order to receive the Reno Z ColorOS 7 update over the air, you need to have either software version CPH1979_A.18 or CPH1979_A.19 installed on your device. Granted, the OTA update should head your way carrying build number CPH1979_C.21.
Below is the full changelog as provided by OPPO:
Your system will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 and Android 10.
Borderless visuals bring a lighter feel and a smoother experience.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
It took OPPO only a few hours to spread the ColorOS 7 update to more R17 and R17 Pro owners in multiple markets across the globe following the initial rollout. Granted, we expect a similar case with the Reno Z Android 10 update, so stay patient.
Also, it’s worth noting that the rollout, like any other OTA update, is staged, meaning some units in the mentioned regions will receive it ahead of others, so don’t freak out if yours doesn’t arrive immediately.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.