Pokemon Go Buddy Up event details, bonuses, Spawns, Egg Hatches & schedule
Pokemon Go is one of the best-augmented reality games that is currently available on the market. The game was launched in 2016 & since then it has been running strong. The game has a huge community worldwide.
Coming to the topic, a new update is currently rolling out for Pokemon Go. The latest patch for the game is coming with version 0.173.0. It has brought a lot of bug fixes & enhancements to the game.
Apart from it, another exciting event has been announced for Pokemon Go. Buddy Up event will take place from April 21, 2020 at 8 am to April 27, 2020, at 10 am in your local time zone. It also features special bonuses & rewards.
Bonuses that will be given under this event includes the following : Decreased walking distance for earning Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy. If you’re a dedicated Trainer, you may even get more items and Souvenirs from your buddy.
Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik make great buddies and will appear more often in the wild.Volbeat and Illumise, the Firefly Pokémon, will be joining the fun and will be available in all regions during this event. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise!
Volbeat is usually found only in Europe, Asia, and Oceania, while Illumise is usually found only in the Americas and Africa. The complete details regarding the features & bonuses of Buddy Up event can be found below.
- Volbeat and Illumise, normally found only in specific regions, will be appearing everywhere in the wild, in Eggs, and as reward encounters from Field Research tasks! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise!
- For the first time, you’ll be able to encounter Woobat in the wild and after completing certain Field Research tasks. Woobat will be available in the wild and in 2 km Eggs after Buddy Up is over.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs and at a higher rate: Alolan Meowth, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and encounters with Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, Illumise, and Woobat.
- Buddy Pokémon will be bringing you more surprises more often! Look out for more items and Souvenirs. Your buddy might even bring you a new kind of gift!
- The distance to earn Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy will be halved.
- It’ll be easier for your buddy to get excited!
- Feed your buddy Berries and Poffins, and it’ll join you on the map for twice as long.
- Earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon, your buddy or otherwise!
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here