OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro OxygenOS update (10.5.4) brings Live Caption, Double tap to wake up lockscreen, video filter, March patch & more
OnePlus has yet again become the talk of the town, thanks to its latest release of the OnePlus 8 series phones. Understandably so, as there is so much to talk about the device.
Probably the first thing, that every reviewer is pointing out, is the wireless charging tech, which was the most awaited feature on an OnePlus phone. Oh! Mind you, they have also gone with the much simpler ONEPLUS mnemonics.
OnePlus has stuck with the same design and form factor as the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Pro for this new OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, and one of the major exclusions is the removal of the pop-up camera, and instead of going for the punch hole camera. Personally, I am not a big fan of punch-holes or notches (debatable).
One area which is sort of expertise of OnePlus is delivering timely updates, and guess what? As per recent reports, the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are picking up new updates.
OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.4 update, which is basically a patch to make the device ready for user consumption as it brings Live Caption, double-tap to wake up feature, optimized camera, improved fingerprint unlock and more.
With that being said, below is the complete changelog of the update:
– Improved system stability
– Improved icon display in status bar
– Imporved back gesture experience
– OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z can now be integrated with Dolby Atmos for better sound quality
– Added double-tap feature to wake up lockscreen in ambient display mode or off-screen condition
– Added OnePlus Tips & Support section in Settings. Check out all the new features and answers to common issues here
– Added Live Caption, this will detect speech in media and automatically generate captions [To enable: Settings-System-Accessibility-Live Caption]
– Update Android Security Patch to 2020.03
– Updated GMS package to 2020.02
– Optimized the camera’s shooting experience and improved stability
– Optimized the animation effect and improved interaction experience
– Added video filter feature
– Optimized the fingerprint unlock experience when unlocking the device
– Added contact notes info for incoming calls
– Optimized network data transmission performance and stability
[Voice Assistant updates]
– Now you can wake up voice assistant of your choice just by long-pressing the power button [To enable: Settings-Buttons & gestures-Press and hold the power button-Choose the app you want to activate]
The update also picks up the March 2020 security update, which is surprisingly shocking to see, as the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices came out in mid-way of April and out of the box it should be on April 2020 patchset.
You can check for the update manually by heading over to Settings>>System>>System Updates. If there is a new update notification tap on it to install. We will add the download link to the update package file, once it is available with us.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.