Huawei Mate 20X (5G) EMUI 10.1 closed beta recruitment is now open; Honor Magic 2 Magic UI 3.1 beta update released
We have been talking about Android 10 updates for a long time now, but there are still a lot of phones from various OEMs like Huawei, Xiaomi, etc. that are waiting for the updates.
The current COVID-19 pandemic scenario is also a big factor in the delay of the updates. However, in the recent past, OEMs have put the pedal to the metal in delivering the Android 10 updates for their compatible phones.
In line with this, as per the latest official post by Huawei on their Chinese community website, the EMUI 10.1 closed beta recruitment is now live for the users of the Huawei Mate 20X (5G) in China.
Talking about the features, this new EMUI 10.1 will be bringing multi-window, multi-device control panel, multi-screen collaboration, Huawei MeeTime (video conferencing app), and Huawei’s very own voice assistant “Ceilia” for the eligible devices.
Interested users of the Huawei Mate 20X (5G) need to ensure that they are running on the latest 10.0.0.185 version to be eligible for registration. This closed beta recruitment time frame is April 11, 2020 – April 15, 24:00.
On the other hand, the Magic UI 3.1 beta update is now live for the Honor Magic 2 phone in China. The beta update carries version number 10.1.0.117/118.
Here is the complete changelog of this new beta Magic UI 3.1 update for the Honor Magic 2 smartphone (translated from Chinese):
Interface interaction: the beauty of the quality
[screen off display]
– from black and white to color, the color of the screen off screen traces the trace of time left in the sky The time changes automatically, and you can download more styles from the ” theme ” app.
– Add fingerprint animations under the screen of water ripples, 3D planets and emerald fireworks to take you to experience pattern unlocking (Settings> Biometrics and Password> Fingerprint> Fingerprint Animation)
Mobile Office: Multi-screen collaboration
[Computer answers phone calls]
– Phones receive audio and video calls, which can be answered directly by Huawei computers, without having to pick up the phone, making calls easier
[Mobile phone file efficient processing]
– Support Huawei computers to directly open and edit phone files ; You can also access the mobile phone network with one click and display mobile phone notifications simultaneously. Mobile office, learning is more efficient and connected: the experience is richer.
– Sharing the screen in a video call can not only share the screen information, but also freely graffiti on the screen, sharing information while chatting, just like face-to-face communication and interaction, whether it is Remotely teach family members to use mobile phones, or discuss trips with partners, and online shopping together, you can easily complete more exciting
– Add distributed management capabilities, any device can browse under the same Huawei account and the same home WLAN , Search and share pictures and videos from other devices (requires Bluetooth and only supports Huawei mobile phones, tablets and smart screens that support this feature)
One of the most important tweaks of this new Magic UI 3.1 is the streamlined camera features. The Camera Settings page has been changed to 14 pages, which is 3 pages more than the previous Magic UI version.
These extra 3 pages include the Video Resolution, Video Framerate and Efficient Video Format, providing a more comprehensive and user-friendly design. For more detailed info on the tweaks and new features introduced by Magic UI 3.1 to the camera settings, you can head here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.