[Updated] Fortnite 12.40 update patch notes & Chapter 2 Season 3 start date revealed
New updates are being added to the bottom of this story….
Original story (from April 15) follows:
The era of Battle Royale games started three years ago with the release of PUBG & Fortnite. The latter one was launched in 2017 and since then it has been running strong. The game is immensely popular in the North American region, whereas PUBG has more followers in the Asian region.
The success of the Fortnite can be credited to Epic Games, as they kept providing new & interesting content for players. Currently, Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 is underway & it started on February 20, 2020.
Now, Fortnite players are waiting for the start of Season 3. But there is a little sad news for players as the new season has got delayed. Epic Games have not confirmed the reason for its delay, but it seems like it has been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Epic Games have also confirmed the new release date for Season 3. Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 has been extended beyond the original April 30 date. The launch of Chapter 2 – Season 3 will take place on June 4.
But Epic Games have confirmed that a lot of new content is coming for the current season. According to the official statement, multiple game updates are on the way that will deliver fresh gameplay, new Challenges and bonus XP.
Apart from this, a new update for Fortnite will roll out today. The latest patch is coming along with version 12.40 & it will go live on April 15 at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC). This information was revealed on the Fortnite Status Twitter handle. Have a look at it down below.
The new patch will bring in a lot of enhancements & bug fixes for the game. The patch 12.40 is expected to add a new Rocket launcher which was earlier leaked by data miners. According to leaks, it can be used to counter Helicopter. FireMonkey, who is one of the most popular data miners, revealed the information about this new weapon & you can check its details down below.
Fortnite 12.40 patch notes have not been officially released yet, but Fortnite’s official Trello board confirms the list of changes that will be incorporated in the new update. You can have a look at them down below & we will the update the complete patch notes once they go live.
- Players using a controller may not experience any vibration feedback when taking damage.
Battle Royale Issues
- Due to an issue, the Grenade has been temporarily disabled.
- Players may be unable to interact with Ollie, preventing them from completing their Skye’s Adventure Challenge.
- Skye’s “Pull a player or Henchman with a Harpoon Gun” Challenge may not work with Henchmen.
- Visualize SFX Audio will pulse the direction of audio sources instead of showing them consistently. (Audio appears from the correct direction and source.)
Update 1 (April 15)
Fortnite 12.40 Official Patch Notes
Jungle Temple Prop Gallery and Diner Prop Gallery Updated
More props added to the Jungle Temple and Diner prop galleries. Discover the new additions and how they may be the perfect missing piece to the decor of your island.
Islands must now have at least 1 tag on them in order to be published.
- The phone can no longer interact with the rift console on Hub islands.
- Fixed an issue where islands with multiple Item Spawners and 20 more items stored experience severe time outs at the start of the game.
- Props in the island border that are deleted will no longer reappear after reloading the island.
- Fixed an issue where asymmetric team rotation could fail if all players on the smaller team left the game before all rounds were complete.
- Vehicles no longer continue to move after the player exits them after coming to a complete stop.
- Fixed an issue with Perception Trigger device sometimes losing track of players riding a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with multiple invisible devices appearing visible when scrubbing on replays.
- Fixed an issue where the Capture Area device zone is inaccurately scaled in replays.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective device UI displays inconsistently after scrubbing in replay
- Fixed an issue where the minigame round ends in draw after the spawn pads are destroyed and the player is damaged, with ‘Only Allow Respawn if Spawn Pads Found’ set to On.
- Fixed an issue where players would be able to respawn in between rounds, allowing them to move freely before the next round started and bypass barriers.
- Fixed an issue where lobby music would start, and continue, playing after finishing a round.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Fixed players remaining inside Sneaky Snowman and Creepin’ Cardboard when returning to the hub or starting a minigame while hiding in one.
- Fixed an issue where players wearing a Sneaky Snowman prior to starting a game, would retain the hidden state when the game started.
- Fixed an issue where the cannon would show 1 million shots in the clip and would reset every time the player started using the cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo counter for the cannon is inconsistent.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
Made items added to the quickbar from the drill-in menu always get spawned grid-aligned. Items copied from the world, even copied to the quickbar from an in-world item, still retain the alignment of the copied item.
- Fixed an issue where deleting an asset with the phone tool will play a destruction effect.
- Fixed an issue where items spawning from the Quickbar do not respect Grid Snap.
- Fixed an issue where prefabs and galleries cannot be placed from the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the player cannot fly downward in air while in build mode.
- Fixed an issue where devices are added to the Quickbar instead of the Creative Inventory slots by default.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose access to Drag and Drop items into their Quickbar.
- Fixed an issue were Destruction visual effects would play when deleting items with the phone tool.
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added the Jungle Hut and Jungle Roast to the Jungle Temple Prop Gallery.
- Added more Durrr Burgers and Pizza Petes to the Diners Prop Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the Door Gallery, where assets were spawning outside of the preview volume.
- Fixed an issue with the sandcastle from The Shark Prop Gallery from having a purple color mixed material
- Fixed an issue where some walls in the Jungle Temple Gallery were displaying the wrong materials.
- Fixed an issue where the assets from the Door Gallery spawn outside the previewed boundary box.
- Fixed an issue where Button devices would not appear in the Channel Browser
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone / Elimination Volume would not trigger for a player spawning in it at the start of a minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Selector would not activate if a player spawned on it during a minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the Team Settings device would not award items to players once they switched away from a team then back to that team.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Designer would not award items to Join in Progress players when Grant on Respawn was set to Off.
- Fixed an issue where the Class designer settings for ‘Player Names and Location’ are not overriding the general settings.
- Fixed an issue where extremely large numbers of Item Spawners with lots of items in each could cause the client to freeze when first spawning in.
- Fixed an issue where changing ‘Revert to Default Class At’ to either ‘End of Game’ or ‘End of Round’ prevents devices from triggering when a player of a designated class is eliminated.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone activations VFX occurs multiple times while firing an explosive weapon.
- Fixed an issue where placing a ‘Player Spawn’ pad with spawn location setting as ‘Current Location’ will spawn players either on top of the pad or in the sky.
- Fixed an issue where the Sequencer would not trigger a Trigger Device occasionally.
- Fixed an issue where entering a mech immediately before a game started would put players into a broken state.
UI + SOCIAL
- Fixed an issue where the “Show Cumulative Scoreboard” and “Show Cumulative Score on HUD” settings conflicted which caused HUD scores to show Game values under the Round label and inflated, incorrect values under the Game label.
- Added a tag for Seasonal: Spring Prefabs & Galleries and moved the Seasonal: Winter tag further down the list.
- Fixed an issue where player cannot scroll down after selecting the settings cog wheel on devices when using the controller
- Fixed an issue where the game timer appears multiple times in the Map Screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Island Watermark is still visible when ‘Show Island Code Watermark’ setting is set to Off.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here