Official LineageOS 17.1 is here for Poco F1, ZenFone 6, OnePlus 3/3T/6/6T/7 Pro & devices from Samsung, Xiaomi, & more
Seasoned Custom ROM users already know a thing or two about LineageOS. For the uninitiated, LineageOS has its history buried deep into CyanogenMod, the custom ROM that became quite popular back in the day for its availability on multiple devices.
When Cyanogen decided to end CyanogenMod support, some of the developers and maintainers behind the project carried on and established what is now known as LineageOS.
Following the inaugural LineageOS 13.0, the team has never looked back and today, they’ve blessed the custom ROM family with the official release of LineageOS 17.1 update based on the latest Android 10 operating system.
PiunikaWeb readers must have already bumped into one or two LineageOS 17.1 posts on here. However, there was nothing official about them. But with the latest arrival, you get the official release, which, unlike the unofficial version, includes regular OTA updates.
The initial list of devices that are getting the official LineageOS 17.1 update has also been provided by the team. As expected, it’s pretty vast even for a start and is expected to get even bigger with time. But first, below is a summary of what LOS 17.1 brings forth.
- A new partial screenshot UI was implemented that lets you hand select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots. So, feel free to go give it a “shot”!
- We know many of you have been waiting for news on themes since the CyanogenMod Theme Engine’s deprecation in CyanogenMod 13.0, and those of you in this boat are in for a treat!
- AOSP’s new ThemePicker app was adapted to have the range of accents you’ve become used to with our old implementation, Styles.
- We also opted to enable support for font change, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher) and icon style changes (eg. changing the style of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Trebuchet has long been able to hide apps from the Launcher and protect them with a passcode/password, but now you can also use your biometric sensor to authenticate as well!
- October, November, December 2019 and January, February, March 2020 security patches have been merged.
- Builds are currently based on the android-10.0.0_r31 tag, which is the Pixel 4/4 XL’s tag.
- Wi-Fi display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) has been added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras has been added.
- Support for Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian and Turkish spell checking has been added to AOSP keyboard.
- AOSP keyboard available emojis have been updated to Emoji 12.0.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
The usual suspects are listed, namely the Pocophone F1 (Poco F1), OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7 Pro, Asus ZenFone 6 aka Asus 6z, Xiaomi Mi 8 and a bunch of Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablet.
Below is the full list of devices whose official LineagOS 17.1 update builds based on Android 10 OS are confirmed as shared by the LineageOS team:
Xiaomi Poco F1/Pocophone F1 (beryllium)
Xiaomi Mi 8 (dipper)
Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 (chiron)
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S (polaris)
OnePlus 3/3T (oneplus3)
OnePlus 6 (enchilada)
OnePlus 6T (fajita)
OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) (I01WD)
Motorola Moto Z2 Force (nash)
Motorola Moto One Power (chef)
Motorola Moto G7 (river)
Motorola Moto X4 (payton)
Motorola Moto G6 Plus (evert)
Motorola Moto G7 Plus (lake)
Motorola Moto Z (griffin)
ZUK Z2 Plus (z2_plus)
Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer)
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery)
Sony Xperia 10 (kirin)
Sony Xperia 10 Plus (mermaid)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (jactivelte)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) (jflteatt)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970, SPH-L720) (jfltespr)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) (jfltevzw)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-I337M, SGH-M919) (jfltexx)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515/L) (jfvelte)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi) (gts4lvwifi)
LG V20 (h910)
LG V20 (h918)
LG V20 (ls997)
LG V20 (us996)
LG V20 (vs995)
LG V20 (h990)
LG G5 (h830)
LG G5 (h850)
LG G5 (rs988)
LG G3 (d850)
LG G3 (d851)
LG G3 (d852)
LG G3 (d855)
LG G3 (f400)
LG G3 (vs985)
LG G2 (d800)
LG G2 (d801)
LG G2 (d802)
LG G2 (d803)
Fairphone FP2 (FP2)
Razer Phone (cheryl)
HTC One (M8) (m8)
HTC One (M8) Dual SIM (m8d)
(Source 1, 2)
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.