Bleach 20th anniversary projects are finally announced. The 20th celebration includes three big projects and several minor projects for the franchise. The first trailer for Burn the Witch was also shown.
Two of the main projects were announced earlier in Weekly Shonen Jump. They are the serialization and animation of Burn the Witch, and the animation of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War. In addition to these projects, there will be a Bleach original painting exhibition in 2021.
Bleach 20th anniversary project announcement panel
In attendance of the event are the following:
1. Masakazu Morita (Voice of Ichigo Kurosaki)
2. Fumiko Orikasa (Voice of Rukia Kuchiki)
3. Ryotaro Okiayu (Voice of Byakuya Kuchiki)
4. Hiroyuki Nakano (Weekly Shonen Jump Editor-in-Chief). He was also the second chief editor for the original Bleach manga.
5. Morakoshi-san, a member of the publishing team for Shueisha in charge of Bleach.
6. Yoshiyuki Hirai of America Zarigani (MC)
There were also surprise guests who were not previously announced. The voice actors of the main characters of Burn the Witch and the director of the project:
1. Yuina Yamada (Voice of Noel Niihashi)
2. Asami Tano (Voice of Spangle Ninii)
3. Mr. Kawano (Director)
Burn the Witch updates
Burn the Witch will be serialized this year and is expected to be released in summer. The exact date is not yet announced by it is underway. Tite Kubo already finished the manuscript for this project and is now taking things easy, playing Animal Crossing.
As a special treat, the Burn the Witch one-shot manga is also now available in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump. A teaser trailer was also shown during the project announcement. It can also be seen on the Bleach 20th anniversary official website.
Burn the Witch manga is scheduled to be released this summer. The anime adaptation of the same title will be released by fall also this year.
Thousand-Year Blood War updates
Like Burn the Witch, the exact release date of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War is also not yet announced. The project is however expected early in 2021. It will probably be released at the same time with the Bleach original painting exhibit.
An official teaser trailer of this project was also shown and is now available on the Bleach 20th anniversary official website.
As part of the Bleach 20th anniversary celebration, the franchise has new exciting projects and perks for the fans. They are as follows:
1. Burn the Witch one-shot is now available for free in the Shonen Jump website and app.
2. Bleach manga is also made available for free in the Shonen Jump website and app up to the Arrancar arc.
3. Sternritter characters will be added to the collection of playable characters in Bleach Brave Souls. Sternritters are a group of powerful Quincies founded by the main antagonist of the Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War.
4. Burn the Witch characters will also be added to Bleach Brave Souls.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.