English dubs for Infinite Dendrogram, My Hero Academia, Black Clover etc delayed
If you have been waiting to watch episode 8 of Infinite Dendrogram with English dubs, then your wait just got longer. Funimation, which has been streaming the English dubs of the anime since January 23, just announced that it’s readjusting their simuldub schedule.
In order to allow their team to work from home amid health emergencies due to coronavirus, Funimation is putting a pause on its English dub production for all the anime streaming this season.
Infinite Dendrogram isn’t the only anime streaming this season that will suffer. Starting March 19, English dubs for upcoming episodes of Smile Down the Runway (episode 8), Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun (episode 9), and Hatena Illusion (episode 8), will also be delayed until further notice.
English dubs for Black Clover & My Hero Academia delayed
Fans of My Hero Academia will also have to wait to catch the latest English dubbed episode. Boku No Hero Academia episode 84 English dub won’t air on March 21, as per the original schedule.
Similarly, English dubs for Black Clover episode 124, which was originally slated for streaming on March 22, has also been delayed by Funimation.
The full list of anime affected by the delay
- BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. starting with episode 9 on March 18
- Hatena Illusion starting with episode 8 on March 19
- Infinite Dendrogram starting with episode 8 on March 19
- Nekopara starting with episode 9 on March 19
- Smile Down the Runway starting with episode 9 on March 19
- Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun starting with episode 9 on March 19
- Asteroid in Love starting with episode 5 on March 20
- Case File nº221: Kabukicho starting with episode 21 on March 20
- Darwin’s Game starting with episode 9 on March 20
- My Hero Academia starting with episode 84 on March 21
- Black Clover starting with episode 124 on March 22
- ID: INVADED starting with episode 13 on March 22
- Sorcerous Stabber Orphen starting with episode 10 on March 24
- A Certain Scientific Railgun T starting with episode 8 on April 3
So until the Funimation team gets back on track with its English dubs, produced from their respective homes, anime fans used to consuming their favorite shows with English voiceovers will have to put up with delayed releases. Alternatively, they might want to give English subtitles a chance, as the simulcast for the subbed version are still on schedule.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.