[Official Announcement] First Realme 6 Pro update brings March patch, Soloop, fixes HD mode, blurred videos & other issues (Download link inside)
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on March 17) follows:
The Realme 6 and its counterpart Realme 6 Pro have hardly been around for two weeks, but the duo is already receiving its first software update.
It started with the standard Realme 6. Just yesterday, we covered details of the device’s first update in our series of software update stories, but there is more to the incoming Realme 6 Pro update than its sibling.
Other than the new March security patch, the Realme 6 update also added night mode and support for 120fps SLO-MO video recording mode to the front camera. It also fixed the issue where swipe-up gestures enable Google Assistant and that’s it!
On the other hand, the now-released Realme 6 Pro update has more to offer than just the latest March security patch and a couple of bug fixes.
It adds mail and Soloop to the system apps, fixes the blurred screen issue while zooming to the maximum magnification in video mode, the issue of unilateral silence in the headset while playing audio, and the probability issue of splash screen at the lowest brightness, among others.
Not long ago, we reported about the Realme 6 Pro’s missing Full HD support on Netflix and Amazon Prime despite having Widevine L1 certification and it’s likely that the fix for the issue where third-party apps do not support HD mode may address this matter.
Below is the full changelog as provided by Realme:
• Android security patch: March, 2020
• Added mail
• Added Soloop
• Fixed the issue that the recording with third-party applications cannot be saved in the case of the first boot without enabling the camera
• Fixed the issue that the call interface appeared occasionally while the opposite end hangs up first and the local end turns off and restarts.
• Fixed the issue that third-party applications do not support HD mode
• Fixed the probability issue of splash screen at the lowest brightness
• Fixed the blurred screen issue while zooming to the maximum magnification in video mode
• Fixed the issue of unilateral silence in the headset while playing voice
When it hits your unit, the Realme 6 Pro update will bump the software version to RMX2061_11_A.11. For those who can’t wait for the OTA, we have the manual download link below.
- Device: Realme 6 Pro
- Codename: RMX2061
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: RMX2061_11_A.11
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: C84BC8DE38371680D83656783DEC1800
- Type: Recovery
Update 1 (March 18)
The official announcement for the March OTA on Realme 6 Pro devices is up now.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.