Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour today – Timings, bonuses, rewards & Go Battle League Season 1
Pokemon Go Battle League Season 1 is about to go live soon. To mark the start & celebration of Go Battle League Season 1, an event has gone live in the game. It has brought some strong Pokemon to raids.
Cut to now, Niantic has announced another Spotlight Hour for today. Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour will take place on March 10 from 6 pm to 7 pm in your local time zone. During the hour there will be an increased number of Pokémon appearing in the wild. There is no increase of a specific Pokémon.
In addition, a new update for Pokemon Go has also gone live. The latest update is coming with version number 0.169.0. It has brought a lot of enhancements & bug fixes to the game. You can find the complete details regarding the new update by heading here.
Also, Pokemon Go Battle League Season 1 is kicking off from March 13. It will go live at 1 pm PDT. Niantic is also bringing some changes to Go Battle League Season 1 which includes fine-tuning of GO Battle League’s rewards. You can find the complete changes down below.
- We’re fine-tuning the GO Battle League’s rewards. Depending on your rank, you’ll receive increased Stardust rewards and a different number of Charged and Fast TMs.
- Winning matters much earlier in the ranks now. Ranks 2 and 3 now require you to win a certain number of battles to advance to the next rank. Previously, wins mattered only beginning at rank 4.
- The Pokémon you can encounter as GO Battle League rewards will change for Season 1. Metagross will be your guaranteed first encounter reward for Season 1. At rank 4, you’ll have a chance to encounter Beldum. At rank 7, you’ll have a chance to encounter Rufflet, making its Pokémon GO debut ahead of appearing in Safari Zone Philadelphia. And last but not least, the tough Pikachu Libre will be making its debut as a guaranteed reward encounter when you reach rank 10! In the future, Pikachu Libre will be available starting at lower ranks, but this season is your chance to challenge yourself to see if you can make it to rank 10, Trainers. Machop, Snorlax, and Meditite will no longer appear as GO Battle League encounters, but you’ll encounter Scraggy more often. These reward encounters might change next season, so be sure to give it your all and climb as high as you can in the rankings, Trainers!
- Reach rank 10 to earn avatar items and an avatar pose inspired by Steven. Steven is a Pokémon League Champion in the Hoenn region. Steven is both an incredibly skilled Pokémon Trainer and a kind and helpful mentor. His dedication to battle makes his avatar items and avatar pose rewards a perfect match for the GO Battle League. The pose is a reward exclusive to Season 1.
- At the end of Season 1, you’ll receive an Elite Charged TM if you’ve reached Rank 7 or higher. Introducing Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs! By using an Elite Charged TM or Elite Fast TM, you’ll be able to select the attack that your Pokémon learns. Not only that, but Elite Charged TMs and Elite Fast TMs will also allow Pokémon to learn attacks previously available only during events such as Raid Days or Community Days.
Details regarding March Community details have also been revealed by Niantic. Pokemon Go March Community Day will feature a Psychic-type Pokémon, Abra. It was introduced in Generation I. Abra evolves in Kadabra, & it can further evolve into Alakazam. Pokemon Go March Community Day will take place on March 15, 2020, from 11 am to 2 pm local time in the Northern Hemisphere & from 3 pm to 6 pm local time in the southern hemisphere.
For a quick refresher, Pokemon Go is one of the best-augmented reality games that are currently available on the market. The game was launched in 2016 & since then it has been running strong. Pokemon Go generated revenue of $1.4 billion for Niantic in 2019.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here