PES 2020 latest update brings free Black Ball, new players & more
In this postmodern era of gadgets, it’s a Herculean task to refrain from video games. While the tastes differ from person to person, we all love swiping and tapping on our smartphones to score that goal, bust that bubble, or splash that head.
Speaking of scoring goals, Pro Evolution Soccer is one of the most popular football games available today. Every Thursday, Konami makes it offline for maintenance. And this week, the maintenance has brought several impressive changes.
Unlike the regular changes, you will see a lengthy changelog once you log into the game after updating it. Apart from free Black Ball, new player faces, and legends, you can notice subtle UI changes as well. Have a look at the changes below.
Version update announcement
The latest version of the app (Ver.4.2.0) is now available to download from the store.
It may take a little longer in some regions for the new version to become available, so please
wait and check again later if you cannot access it immediately.
– The following squads are now purchasable from the SHOP: MANCHESTER UNITED,
ARSENAL, INTER, JUVENTUS, MILAN, FC BARCELONA, FC BAYERN MUNCHEN.
– “100 myClub Coins + RONALDINHO” item added to the SHOP, which contains a special 2019
version of Ronaldinho.
– Changes made to make strip selection easier and more intuitive.
– Added new limited-time login bonuses that will be available during campaigns and other
– Updated data for several teams, players and managers.
– Added new Legend players who will be available in campaigns and other upcoming events.
– Changed the default Condition Rating for Legend players to “B”.
– Relegations and promotions from Campeonato Brasileiro implemented in-game.
– Relegations and promotions from the TOYOTA Thai League implemented in-game. As a
result, PTT Rayong’s in-game club name, strips and emblem have been replaced with generic
– Relegations and promotions from J.League’s J1 and J2 Leagues implemented in-game. As a
result, clubs relegated to the J3 League have had their in-game club names, strips and
emblems replaced with generic assets.
* Linking data now allows you to check your KONAMI ID account details in-game.
A number of issues were fixed.
– An issue that occurs when selecting a Preset Team in Matchday, where the player condition
is displayed as > instead of T in the Squad Management screen. This is a display issue only.
Apart from all these, you can purchase squads of seven top clubs from the shop. On the initial screen to choose the players, an option to change the jersey is also available now. And about that free black ball, see what I made of it.
In case you want this, make sure you log into the PES 2020 before 01:59 (UTC) on 17 February. I almost forgot to tell you that the commentary data also got a revamp with roughly 300 MB update.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.