Verizon, AT&T, Sprint Galaxy Watch One UI 1.5 update rolls out
Three major US network carriers namely Verizon, AT&T & Sprint have pushed a new update for the Galaxy Watch. Notably, this new update brings in the OneUI 1.5 for the Galaxy Watch.
Earlier we have reported that another major US carrier network provider, T-Mobile pushed in One UI 1.5 update that brings in new watch faces, Bixby 2.0, & more for the Galaxy Watch.
To recall, the Galaxy Watch came out in 2018 and packs in Exynos 9110 with 1.5 GB of RAM, a 472 mAh battery in the 46 mm variant while a 274 mAh battery in the 42 mm variant.
The 46 and 42 mm Galaxy Watch spot a 1.3 and 1.2-inch AMOLED display respectively and runs on the Tizen based Wearable OS 4.0 out of the box.
Let us take a look at the updates on each carrier, one by one:
The update for the Verizon Galaxy Watch arrives with the version number CSL2 and weighs in around 118.18 MB in size. It brings in some new features like new watch faces, list view for app layout, option to record laps, charging on AOD, etc.
List view for app layout:
– You can now change the view for app layout and switch to apps in list view.
Keep the screen on during workouts:
– You now have an option to keep the screen on during workouts by enabling “Screen always on”.
Option to Record Laps:
– You can now create laps by pressing the back key twice during a workout.
Earbuds Battery level
– You can now check the battery level of connected earbuds from the Quick Panel of the watch. Supported earbuds include the latest Galaxy Buds and Icon X.
Charging status on AOD:
– View the battery level of the watch as it charges on the AOD screen.
– Adding new complications for users who want to see new information on the watch face.
Use gym equipment with Galaxy Watch
– You can now pair the Galaxy Watch with gym equipment from Technogym and get a more accurate reading of your workout.
Similarly, the Sprint variant of the Galaxy Watch is also getting the update with version number CSL2 and it weighs in 118.13 MB in size. The update tags along the same features as mentioned above for the Verizon variant.
One of the users of the Samsung Galaxy Watch AT&T variant has confirmed the reception of the OneUI 1.5 update for the smartwatch. There are no screenshots of the update prompt and the official update tracker has not been updated yet.
If you have received the update notification then, head to the Galaxy Gear app paired with your Galaxy Watch and go to Settings>>About Gear>>Update Gear Software>>Download update manually.
In the meantime do check out our dedicated Samsung section to read more similar stories surrounding Samsung devices.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.