Pokemon Go : Armored Mewtwo return to raids for Pokemon Day Celebration Event
Pokemon Go has successfully marched into 2020 with flying colors. The game has made a whopping $1.4 billion in 2019 for Niantic. Speaking of Pokemon Go, it is one of the best-augmented reality games that are available in the market.
Niantic has announced more than 6 events for Pokemon Go in February. The list of events that will be featured in February month includes the following :Save Shadow Raikou from Giovanni,Tornadus five-star raids, Sinnoh Celebration event, Pokémon GO Valentine’s Day 2020, friendship weekend event, Pokémon Spotlight Hour and Mystery Bonus Hour.
Well, two new events have been announced for Pokemon Go. These new events have been announced to mark the celebration of Pokemon Day (February 27) and Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution which is arriving on Netflix. Mentioned below are the complete details regarding these two events.
Pokémon Day Celebration event
Date + Time
Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at 1:00 pm to Monday, March 2, 2020, at 1:00 pm PST (GMT −8)
- Some Pokémon are here to party! Keep a lookout for Pikachu and Eevee wearing party hats appearing in the wild. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting the same festive look will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. There’s a chance that any of these partying Pokémon could be Shiny, too!
- Armored Mewtwo strikes back in five-star raids! Not only is Armored Mewtwo in Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, but it will be returning to raids as well with the special Charged Attack Psystrike.
- Remember Clone Pokémon? Well, some are coming to Pokémon GO! In celebration of the Pokémon Day launch of Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix, special Clone Pokémon—including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise—will appear in four-star raids. Be sure to use #GOsnapshot during the event, too—Clone Pikachu might appear in your photo, and you might be able to catch it!
- Trainers will be able to do up to two special trades a day.
Raid Day featuring Nidorino and Gengar wearing party hats!
Date + Time
Sunday, March 1, 2020, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm local time
- Nidorino wearing party hats will be appearing in two-star raids.
- Gengar that know Lick and Psychic and are wearing party hats will be appearing in four-star raids.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Nidorino or a Shiny Gengar wearing a party hat!
- You can receive up to five Raid Passes at no cost during the event by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms. You cannot hold more than one of these Raid Passes at once, and they will not be available after the event ends.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here