PUBG update 6.1 brings new map Karakin, Black Zone, New vehicle Motor Glider & Survivor Pass Shakedown
PUBG is one of the best battle royale games that is available in the market. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was developed and published by PUBG Corporation. The game is more popular in the Asian region and it is actively played by millions of players each day.
PUBG was released on March 23, 2017, and since then the game has been running strong. In the period two years, the game has received several updates and enhancements. Tencent and PUGB Corporation has released a new update for the game and it bears the version number 6.1. However, the update is currently live on the test server, but it will soon make its way to the live game.
The latest update to the game has brought many new elements and features to the game. PUBG update 6.1 has added a new 2×2 map, Survivor Pass: Shakedown, throwable Sticky Bombs. The game update 6.1 is also bringing in many enhancements and bug fixes to the game.
Speaking of the new map, Karakin, it is a 2×2 km island off the coast of Northern Africa. It’s an arid, rocky environment that provides wide-open terrain and challenging engagements.For more information regarding the update,you can check the complete patch notes down below.
NEW MAP: KARAKIN
Higher tension, faster pace: Welcome to Karakin.
Karakin is a 2×2 km island off the coast of Northern Africa. It’s an arid, rocky environment that provides wide-open terrain and challenging engagements. It’s small, fast, and dangerous: Expect the tension of Miramar combined with the pace of Sanhok. Karakin is a 64 players map.
Players should expect long distance rifle engagements in the mountains, tactical urban conflict, and claustrophobic underground combat. And with the introduction of the Black Zone, Karakin reveals its twist: a map that’s layout changes every match.
Black Zone (Karakin Only)
Our new hazard, the Black Zone only available in Karakin, levels buildings into smoking ruins. The Black Zone is designed to push players out of the safety of a building.
The hazard is random: towns and compounds can be undamaged, totally flattened, and everything in between.
The mix of buildings and ruins evolves in real time throughout the match: Meaning don’t always expect that building you run to for cover to be there late in the match.
Remember, if you hear the siren, and you are inside that purple circle on the minimap- evacuate! Buildings destroyed by the Black Zone will be marked with X on the minimap.
New Throwable: Sticky Bomb (Karakin
To change up siege play, we’re introducing Breach Points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs in Karakin. Certain walls and floors have breach points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs
- This feature presents more tools for our players: For campers, it allows more sight lines/windows to be created
- For squads going on the offensive however, there are new options for storming buildings- “Do we blast in through the back of the building, or through the roof- maybe both?” the choice is yours!
And for explorers, we’ve hidden many secret areas for those players with a spare Sticky Bomb or two, and a keen nose for loot. Finally, to make interior gun fights a little more interesting, we’ve added bullet penetration to our weakest walls in Karakin. Getting brief glimpses of your enemies through damaged drywall, and deciding to take the fight or regroup- gives players more options.
At PUBG we are dedicated to providing new experiences for you, the player, and pushing what’s possible in our genre. We can’t wait for you to experience it for yourself!
New Vehicle: Motor Glider
Motor Glider is currently available on live servers (added Jan 15). For more information, please see the PUBG LABS Report – Motor Glider.
- Motor Glider is available on Erangel and Miramar
- 10 Motor Gliders will spawn across the map each game, across 40 potential locations.
- Motor Glider has two seats; one for pilot and one for passenger who can shoot and use any weapon from the backseat
- To takeoff, you must gain the necessary speed of 65 km/h then pitch up with the S key
- You’ll start to take off automatically once you hit 70 km/h.
- Motor Glider’s fuel consumption rate is tied to the engine speed – the more throttle you apply, the faster you will run out of gas
- Motor Glider will be spawned without gas. Fuel up before starting the engine.
- There’s no maximum altitude you can reach, the sky is the limit! But engine will start losing power the higher the altitude you are at
- Use W/S keys to control the pitch and A/D to control the roll of the aircraft
- Adjust the throttle by holding Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys
- Hold Spacebar when on the ground to engage handbrake
Survivor Pass: Shakedown
Whether you have purchased Premium Pass or not, all players can join together to fill the Community Accomplishment Gauge, then claim in-game skin rewards and unravel the hidden story of Karakin
The mission gauge can be filled by finding collectibles on the Battlegrounds
- Players who find and open special Cardboard Boxes will be able to loot one of the 3 different objects
- When collected, they are reflected on the Community mission accomplishment gauge as follows:
- Disc piece: Counts as 1 point toward Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: Counts as 2 points toward Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: Counts as 3 points toward Community Missions Goal
- On the Community Mission tab, you can see your achievement score and earn XP in proportion to the individual contribution score
There are three tracks of Season Missions
- Each track will be released monthly on January, February, and March
- Tracks that are locked will show the time left before it is unlocked
- Players can earn large amount of XPs when completing Progression Missions
- Tracks 1, 2 contains a set of 8 missions each with each mission difficulty increasing gradually allowed for all players
- Track 3 contains a set of 10 missions with each mission gradually increasing difficulty for players with the Premium Pass
- Milestones are completed when a set goal has been achieved related to daily, weekly, and challenge missions
- Example: Complete 70 total daily missions
- These are challenging missions which require using designated weapons.
- Skorpion (Handgun)
- Win94 (SR)
- QBZ (AR)
- AKM (AR)
- QBU (DMR)
Earn Level-up items for the Next Season
- You can claim level-up items for the next season as a premium pass mission reward
- These items are non-marketable, and they will be activated when the next season (Season 7) starts
- Level-up Items in the Survivor Pass List
5 Levels coupon x2
1 Level coupon x5
Survival Title System
- Rewards for Survivor Title System Season 5 will be granted at the beginning of Season 6
- SP will be soft-reset, with your performance in Season 5 counting towards your starting SP in Season 6
Firing mode change improvement
- Added an option to gameplay settings which allows you to set a second firing mode preference for AR and SMG weapons which have 3 firing modes (Single, Burst, Auto).
- This will allow you to have burst fire weapons be set to single shot upon equip, while also having other weapons in that category still be automatically set to auto.
- Selecting auto as first and single as second preference will have weapons without auto fire be automatically set to single fire.
- Vikendi has been removed from public matches temporarily and will be replaced by Karakin.
AS, KR/JP, SEA, EU, RU
- Replaced Vikendi with the new map, Karakin (Vikendi will still be playable in Custom Matches)
Featured Map & Random Map
Featured Map: Karakin
Random Map: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok
- The Featured Map option may be disabled and Karakin added to the Random Map pool if players experience issues with long matchmaking times.
- Vikendi is now unavailable in public matches and only available through custom matches.
All Random Maps
- OC, LATAM
- Replaced Vikendi with the new map, Karakin. Vikendi will still be playable in custom games.
- There is an equal chance to play on each map.
- PUBG ID will now be shown on the end of match screen and while spectating players
Added ‘PASS’ button to the main menu
- You can view Survivor Pass by clicking it
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use
Gun Handling Sounds Improvement
- Improved reload and weapon switching sound effects
- Modified reload sounds to be more realistic, through adding audible player interaction with the reload operation.
Sound segmentation related to the mechanical properties weapons during aiming/scoping
- In Aiming/Scoping, the degree of trembling sounds related to weapon attachments details varies depending on the type of weapon.
- Sounds are divided into two, Handgun and non-handgun, and handgun has less trembling or no attachment detailed sounds compared to non-handguns.
Vaulting Sounds Improvement
- Improved detailed expressions on objects such as hand-to-body contact, collar-to-shoulder squeaks, etc. during vaulting
- When vaulting, sound outputs correct material sounds (Concrete, Metal, Wood)
- Further lowered the volume of wind sound effect in the moonlight
World Origin Shift
- Optimized the world location calculating process to reduce occurrence of hitching.
Skins & Items
The following items will be added to the Store after Update #6.1 hits live servers:
- Added 5 Golden Dragon skins
- Added 4 Golden Phoenix skins
- Added 9 Seollal skins
- Fixed an issue where camera view is located incorrectly when changing seat to driver’s seat during ADS
- Fixed an issue where M249 iron sight was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where hold option for prone isn’t working correctly
- Fixed an issue where the character’s overhead UI isn’t aligned with the character model
- Fixed an issue where incorrect UI would be exposed after pressing certain keys
- Fixed an issue where the helmet equipped on Customize is visible on the character’s head on PUBG ID
- Fixed an issue where the weapon crosshair was exposed overlapped when moving to the next round in war mode while holding a weapon
- Fixed an issue where red dot sight was not included in the war mode support spawn kit
- Fixed an issue where the ambient noise is louder than intended in certain weather types on Vikendi.
Skins & Items
- Fixed an issue where Tommy Gun skin texture is displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where the lower body would be displayed incorrectly when putting on certain PGI skins on a male character
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here