Pokemon Go Buddy Adventure : How it works in the game & how to increase affection ?
A new feature is about to arrive soon for Pokemon Go. The new Buddy Adventure feature will allow your Pokemon to walk alongside you in the game. The information regarding this new feature has been revealed in an official blog post.
The Buddy Adventure feature will further enhance the bond between buddy Pokemon and trainers. Players will get to know their Buddy Pokemon mood, which can be increased by playing with your Buddy, feeding your Buddy, and by battling with your Buddy.
Apart from this, swapping Buddy Pokemon will no longer reset progress towards earning Candy. Players can feed their Buddy by heading to the buddy profile page and clicking on Play. A quick treat can also be given to Buddy directly from the buddy profile page.
Each Pokemon has a different way to express itself. Players will get to see a wide range of movements and expressions while playing or exploring with Buddy. Different Pokemon react in different ways in AR+ mode, so make sure to turn it on while playing the game.
There are different levels of buddy levels, and as you and your Buddy get closer, your buddy level increases, which will unlock exciting perks. Pokemon Go Buddy Adventure will feature the following Buddy levels: Good Buddy, Great Buddy, Ultra Buddy, and Best Buddy.
- Good Buddy: Your Buddy can join you on your map view! You’ll also see how your Buddy feels on the buddy profile page.
- Great Buddy: Having a hard time catching a Pokémon? Your Buddy may help you out in Pokémon encounters! It can also bring you items that can help you in your Pokémon GO journey.
- Ultra Buddy: Your Buddy will help you explore the world around you by letting you know about interesting places nearby! Your Buddy will also bring you Souvenirs, which you can keep track of on the buddy profile page.
- Best Buddy: Become Best Buddies, and your Buddy will sport a Best Buddy Ribbon to show off to everyone just how close you two are! Pokémon that you’re Best Buddies with can get a CP boost in combat as long as they’re still assigned as your Buddy Pokémon.
Players can become better friends with their Buddy by earning affection. Affection is measured by hearts, and players can earn hearts by exploring with their Buddy on the map, battling with their Buddy, playing with and feeding their Buddy, and taking snapshots of their Buddy. Have a look at the new Buddy Profile page down below.
With more affection, the mood of Buddy Pokemon will get better. When Buddy Pokemon reach its highest mood, players will unlock the following perks:
- The distance it takes for your Buddy to find Candy will be cut in half.
- The number of hearts earned per action will double.
- Trainers can earn bonus hearts!
Under the new Buddy Profile page, players will get to their Buddy’s progress toward finding Candy, Buddy’s current mood, a chart of daily activities which players can do to earn affection. Pokemon Go Buddy Adventure feature will be released in 2020.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here