Pokemon Go December Events details, features, bonuses, rewards, & more
Pokemon Go festive season has also begun as Niantic has revealed details regarding Pokemon Go December events. A lot is happening under these events with new movesets to the entry of Virizion to the game.
Pokemon Go December events will start on December 16 and will run through January 7. As a part of the December event, “A Challenging Development” special research is live in the game under which players will encounter Giovanni & its Shadow Zapdos.
From December 16, different Pokemon will hatch from eggs. So, visit Pokestops to collect eggs and then incubate them. Then take a walk to find out the reward. You never know as you may hatch a new Pokemon for yourself.
Another member of the Swords of Justice group is making its entry into the game & it is called Virizion. This Grass- and Fighting-type Legendary Pokémon is known to have swift movements. Virizion will start appearing in raids on December 17, 2019, at 1 pm and will stay in Raids until January 7, 2020.
Lugia and Ho-Oh are also returning for a Special Raid Weekend. They will appear in raids from December 20, 2019, at 1 pm PST and will stay live in the game until December 23, 2019, at 1 pm PST. The shiny version of both these Pokemon are available in the game.
Pokemon Go Holidays event has returned back to the game, and it has brought some new Ice-type Pokemon to the game. It will also bring event-exclusive Field Research and Winter themed avatar items. Pokemon Go Holidays event will start on December 24, 2019, at 12 am and will stay live until January 1, 2020, in your local time zone. The following list of Pokemon will be seen more during the Pokemon Go Holidays event.
Pokemon Go Holidays event Features
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Raichu, and Pichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, such as Sneasel, Delibird, Snorunt, and more! Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Cubchoo, the Chill Pokémon!
- Pokémon appearing in Eggs: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Pichu wearing beanies, and Stantler wearing bells will be hatching from 7 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Raichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will be available to challenge in two-star raids!
- Pokémon attracted by Glacial Lure Modules: Throw a Glacial Lure Module onto a PokéStop near you, and you’ll have a chance of encountering Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon, making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Pikachu wearing beanies!
- Save Shadow Pokémon! We have reason to believe that Team GO Rocket has turned more Pokémon, including Delibird, into Shadow Pokémon! There might be other Shadow Pokémon to discover in places high and low, so get out there and save them!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Stantler wearing bells and Shiny Snover!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop! You can look forward to a Stantler Sweater and a Stantler Headband as well as a Beanie Hat to match the one some Pikachu are wearing for this event!
– From Tuesday, December 24, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 25, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
2× Catch Candy
2× Transfer Candy
– From Thursday, December 26, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, December 27, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
2× Catch Stardust
– From Saturday, December 28, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 29, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
2× Catch XP
– From Monday, December 30, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, January 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone
1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during this time period
Warm-up with a special winter weekend event!
During the last week, players can look forward to a special eight-hour-long winter weekend event. The event will go live on December 28, 2019, from 11 am to 7 pm in your local time zone.
- Two-hour Glacial Lure Module duration: Glacial Lure Modules will last two hours for the duration of the event. Pokémon such as Lapras, Delibird, Cubchoo, and more will be drawn to Glacial Lure Modules during this time!
- Glaceon with Last Resort: Use a Glacial Lure Module to evolve Eevee during the event, and you’ll get a Glaceon that knows the Charged Attack Last Resort.
- Regice returns to raids! Did you miss out on catching a Regice the last time it was available in raids? This is your chance to catch the Iceberg Pokémon!
- Two additional Raid Passes: Receive up to two additional Raid Passes during the special event time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here